PDA

View Full Version : help for a newbie

NovaNewbie
23-08-03, 07:54 PM
im interested in buying a nova sr and buying a body kit and modding it ect. but stuck on what i need and what i do. how much it will cost. if anybody can help me i would be greatfull. as im new to cars plz be gentle with me.

novax
23-08-03, 09:47 PM
OK, this is really simple, it all depends on how much cash you've got. Above all if you're a new driver worry about paying the insurance in the first year. Beyond that, look for a clean car, no point modding anything that's rusting.

Rust - look at the rear arches, rear corners of the boot floor, front suspection turrets, under the battery and behind the headlights. If that's OK then it might be a good one.

first is brakes, they're crap to start with so spend your first spare cash on new ones, several places to get them, including myself :wink: Get the car safe first before any engine mods, tho air filter (panel not cone) and exhaust won't make any differance - no BHP gains there.

Now sort the small rust spots unless you have cash for a total respray, bodykits are extreme and will cost as much to get fitted as they cost to buy. If you do it yourself then take a lot of time to get it right.

ICE - buy some sound deadening for the doors and quarter panels

Neil.
23-08-03, 10:19 PM
Body kit - anything upto ?500 for front and rear bumpers and sideskirts
Lowered suspension - about ?200 for the full kit (springs and shocks)
Alloys - for 15's about ?500-?700
ICE - u can buy my stuff, 2 12" subs, sub box and amp for ?330
Sound deadening - well worth doing, ?10 a roll, prob need 2 rolls.

If ur a new driver do little mods that wont affect ur insurance as they dont like young drivers with a modded car, unless ur willing to pay a bit for it.

Loads of people on here will help u, where abouts u from?

NovaNewbie
24-08-03, 08:24 AM
thanks for that. im from sunny luton. all i want is a nice looking nova for a cheap price lol. dont we all.