PDA

View Full Version : Wiring my 2.0 8v

BROD
30-03-13, 03:54 PM
Hi all :) a long time since ive been on here but ive had a few months away from cars. Well today im trying to wire my 20seh up. The car was originally a 1.2 carb model and the guy i bought it off fitted a 20ne running on standard injection. I have no fitted a 20seh running on bike carbs. I have the coil and amp here and two dizzys that im changing the plugs over on but thats another story. Off the amp i have the plug for the dizzy, a white/green wire and a red and black. Am i right in thinking the red goes to the + on the coil and the black to the - ? any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers lads!

BROD
30-03-13, 07:41 PM
I also have off the loom a connector that went into the coil i was using on the ne. One wire is black and the other is green, the connector now doesnt fit as im using a different coil. Can i just snip off this connector and run the wires to the coil? Im guessing black to - and green to the + ? Then the same with the amp?

BROD
31-03-13, 07:34 PM
Anyone? really need some advice now as im completely stuck

BROD
31-03-13, 08:02 PM
Right okay so this is where im confused, i have this connector (two pin) which plugged in to the old coil i was using (bosch unit) i have one green wire and one black here

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/brodsterxx/novawiring_zps8a4506dd.jpg

So i assumed that the black would go to the + terminal on the new coil as i think this is a switch live? and the green wire goes to the - on the new coil? is this correct?

Ive also read that i need to use the green and black wire off this multiplug that used to plug into the injection loom? is this true?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/brodsterxx/novawiring_zpse0342402.jpg

and then ofcourse i also have my red, black and green/white wire coming off the amplifier

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/brodsterxx/novawiring_zps1366c516.jpg

i know its a pita explaining wiring over the internet but if anybody would care to help me that would be fantastic as im pretty stuck now!
thankyou for reading!,
Brad.

mowgli
31-03-13, 08:08 PM
your problem is that the wiring needed for the ign on a 1.2 is complete redundant on any injection engine.. then jsut for good measure, you haven't shown us what dizzy you are using for the bike carbed engine.. is it a 1.4 carb setup??

we get a lot of enquiries like this and we need loads of information to be able to help.

what is useful is that the nova & cavalier used the same common wiring colours. so with 2 haynes books, you should be able to sort it..

you have the advantage that you have the car there, but unfortunately, we can't tell what of the original loom is left.

BROD
31-03-13, 08:30 PM
Hi mate thankyou for the reply! im not sure what dizzy i am using, i have a cav mk1 1.6 here but the connector plug is wrong and i broke it when i tried removing it to change it so ive bolted on a different one for now, ill upload a pic asap! If i was fitting a 2.0 8v running injection id have it running by now but the fact that its running carbs has confused the matter for me haha, also being 17 i havent done anything like this before so its all learning as i go! thankyou for the reply again! i will try to get hold of some diagrams!