PDA

View Full Version : No logbook-private plate question

maddogdaz666
30-03-13, 12:32 PM
I've bought a private plate for the mrs for her birthday yesterday, but we haven't received the logbook yet for the Astra that I want to put it on, can I still go to the DVLA's office and have it put on the car without the logbook? I do have the green bit but i had to put my name on it to tax the car when we bought it, and the nominee on the private plate retention sheet has the mrs's name on.
There is a DVLA office only 15 mins from me so I'd rather go there than post it all off and wait 2 month.
Tried google but couldn't find anything but more plates for sale.:tard:
This is the first time I've had anything to do with plate swapping so any help would be great cheers.
I'm good at getting my hands mucky and useless at paperwork!

Keif
30-03-13, 04:37 PM
Yes, take the green bit with you (with your MOT ,Tax Disc and Reg Plate certificate).

I did exactly what you want to do with my wifes Meriva used the green slip.

You'll eventually get the V5 through with the original plate, then one through with the private plate, just destroy the original when the private one lands.

Novasport
30-03-13, 04:50 PM
You will have to pay the £25 nominee change fee if it is going onto a car in a different name.

maddogdaz666
30-03-13, 07:22 PM
You will have to pay the £25 nominee change fee if it is going onto a car in a different name.

Even though I'm tight, £25 is worth it to keep her happy and he her off my back lol

Yes, take the green bit with you (with your MOT ,Tax Disc and Reg Plate certificate).

I did exactly what you want to do with my wifes Meriva used the green slip.

You'll eventually get the V5 through with the original plate, then one through with the private plate, just destroy the original when the private one lands.

Cheers :) this news makes me happy

maddogdaz666
02-04-13, 03:05 PM
Nope it didn't work, had to apply for a logbook and wait 2 weeks for it to arrive, then go back to get it sorted, not happy :(