PDA

View Full Version : Converting LHD shell to RHD

MiniManDan118
29-03-13, 11:35 PM
So I'm looking at reshelling my Nova, and have found a LHD car in really nice condition. Are there any shell modifications needed to convert it to RHD? Or is it all boltable stuff that can be taken from my RHD car?

Any help really appreciated!

Cheers
Dan

Southie
30-03-13, 09:49 AM
If its a rolling shell then why not keep it LHD?

Novasport
30-03-13, 09:57 AM
Quite a few differences on the bulkhead. The steering rack mount needs the welds drilling out then it has to be moved right a few inches. The brake servo hole is different so that may have to be plated and recut. The clutch cable mount is totally different. The dashboard mounts are different. The steering column mounts need moving. The Wiper arm holes on the scuttle panel are in the wrong position. Plus much more!

mk1nova_rich
30-03-13, 03:29 PM
I'd keep it LHD personally, just to bin the linkage bar under the dash without having to modify the shell lol

MiniManDan118
30-03-13, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the replies, will keep an eye on this as to anything else that is involved. I am more pushed towards converting it over as Ill be doing a complete rebuild on the car with the mechanics from my track car.

I really doubt a shell this solid could be found in RHD form! Especially for the money.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r15/danwright68/French%20Nova/20130330_123844_zps5dbd5fea.jpg