PDA

View Full Version : Nova rear drum back plates.

DAFTJOHN
28-03-13, 09:20 AM
My axle is going back to discs. I have the drums and pads but not the back plates. Autovaux say there are 4 types and they only have the very latest ones for j/k reg.

Does anyone know if these will work? Not sure if there are big differences?

96 quid each...ouch

jimbob-mcgrew
28-03-13, 09:28 AM
back to drums you mean ?

what size are your drums ?

at a guess, the back plates are maybe 8mm wider than the drum size ?

DAFTJOHN
28-03-13, 09:30 AM
Sorry, yep back to drums. Ill measure up the drums. Never knew there were options - thought one fit for all

jimbob-mcgrew
28-03-13, 09:40 AM
yeah me too.
I only realised a little while back myself talking on a mk.2 astra forum
off the top of my head I think there were 2 options for that. maybe 229 and 240mm ?
im guessing theres different sized backplates for both sets of drums and shoes too

Edd
28-03-13, 09:42 AM
All Nova drums are the same

jimbob-mcgrew
28-03-13, 09:44 AM
actually you've got me thinking I might be wrong now. as some of the cars ive worked on, the drum has gone on the outside, sometimes the inside.
hmm ignore my comments, im most likely wrong lol

DAFTJOHN
28-03-13, 09:50 AM
All Nova drums are the same

Cheers, take it all backing plates will be the same? Possibly just different part numbers.

Edd
28-03-13, 11:09 AM
You will just have to make sure you get the correct handbrake cables to match the plates, same chassis number range etc

Novasport
28-03-13, 12:29 PM
Is this for the A reg? I would have thought they are the early manual adjusting type so the back plates are different. Do you have some auto adjusters in the pile of spares? I am sure either Vauxhall Green Parts or Opel Classics had the early type in stock.

DAFTJOHN
28-03-13, 01:38 PM
Yeah for the a plate, I've bought new cables. Ill need to dig them out to see what type they are.

Cheers