PDA

View Full Version : quick fix, honda radiator fan

27-03-13, 07:56 PM
After being stuck in a lil traffic on way home today from work i noticed my car smoking, the radiator fan had burnt out. I had a honda civic fan in garage, and ive fitted that till i get another one, fan is constantly running, will this have any effect on driving? Thanks all in advance :d

meritlover
27-03-13, 08:40 PM
it shouldnt affect your driving, and it should not affect your engine providing your thermostat is working.

i cant see how a different fan would run all the time if it is wired up the same. surely its just a motor?

mowgli
27-03-13, 08:52 PM
the only thing is if it runs the opposite way round, so it could blow, not suck.. simple test & fix though

27-03-13, 09:01 PM
Cheers guys, yeah its running correct direction, i was a bit confused as to why it wouldnt work the same, and have swopped the connections, hopefully will last till i get a new fan, any ideas where i can get a good new fan that works on a nova? I dont wana buy one and have the same problem lol. Thanks again

mowgli
27-03-13, 09:10 PM
fit anything that fits in the gap... why are you running it constant? they should only come on in really heavy traffic.. a new fan switch is only a couple of quid