PDA

View Full Version : SunStrips

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys

Does anyone know how deep a sunstrip is allowed to go so it does not fail the MOT. I have got one but my mot is in a month so it might be pointless putting it on if i have to take it off.

cheers guys

Jon

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:35 AM
The wiper isn't allowed to touch it

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:03 PM
The wipers on mine go a good 1.5" into the strip and it went through last years MOT fine :) Hopefully, nothing has changed this year.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:08 PM
check the mark on the left hand side of the windscreen

Anonymous
31-01-01, 01:33 PM
i got told by mansfield police station that it cant be mpre than 25% of your screen.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:10 PM
ste does that mark mean that it can not go any lower than that cause i am getting lots of different opinions

cheers Jon

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:13 PM
If you look at the green tint at the top of the screen, dont take more than 2 inch past that or else you'll prob fail an MOT

Anonymous
31-01-01, 06:50 PM
you aint allowed more than an 8" strip

Anonymous
31-01-01, 07:01 PM
I tried fitting a vinyl sunstrip, the one that came with max power, my skills dont go very far, but after reading the instructions and trying real hard, all I got it to do was be dead even, even the gaps at the top that I could do nothing about, so off it came. Does anyone know how to get round that problem?

Anonymous
31-01-01, 09:05 PM
im pretty sure its not to be more than 8-9 inches,or if the police think it is dangerous,id go to about 7.ur wiper is allowed to touch it.look at the windsreen at the left hand side,this is a good size but u can go bigger.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:57 PM
there is a small (3mm) line on the left on the screen this is the legal depth although in reality u can go quite a bit lower MOT stations will be different from place 2 place, if it fails just pull in off and they pass it and go buy a new one!!

Anonymous
01-02-01, 12:46 AM
well jon, a nice variety of opinions
i had about 3 different ones on my old nova before i settled with free max power ones. one on the front and 1 on the rear

av a look how deep mine look
my wiper did touch it and it passed an mot.

http://www.geocities.com/novatheworld/album.html

cheers

elg

Anonymous
01-02-01, 01:24 PM
A Red GSi has just parked up outside my office window with a Courtney Sports Sunstrip in red on the front and it covers about 30% of the windscreen. Is that legal???

Anonymous
01-02-01, 06:23 PM
it should fail the mot if u have anything on the windscreen at all, u should also fail for having a magic tree hanging from the mirror!!!!....doh

when a got ma mot done the boy said "if i tell u 2 take it off, will u go and get another one" i said yes so he told me 2 leave it on....ma mot was done at the start of last month

Anonymous
10-02-01, 05:14 PM
45 mm is the max as mine failed for being to bi(190mm)