PDA

View Full Version : Which brake servo for 2.0 16v brakes?

shauntruscott
22-08-03, 10:55 PM
I've just bought some 2.0 16v brakes and i can remember reading something back along about them working best with the GTE/GSi 200mm servo?

Is this what everyone else has done?

steve-o
22-08-03, 11:43 PM
i ran mine on my standard one, but saying that they feel loads more respomsive on the GTE then on the SR

brian
22-08-03, 11:44 PM
go with the GTE/GSi one alright

mikeoxford
23-08-03, 11:08 AM
GTE Gsi without a doubt.

SR one is just as good BUT you dont get the same effect. its not better or worser with either one. just a different experience.

GTE servo matched with 2.0l brakes is amazing.

im looking at getting a servo and master cylinder even bigger off a non ABS cav at the moment.

brian
23-08-03, 04:53 PM
im looking at getting a servo and master cylinder even bigger off a non ABS cav at the moment.
i had considered that. are they the same to fit?

Adam Moran
24-08-03, 12:47 PM
The Frontera one fits on to a Nova i believe, iirc its 300 or 330mm!

Ad

beatin u
24-08-03, 01:17 PM
ive, got my original GTE one, pedal still has a bit of travel in it but i could adjust that with that screw thingy under the pedal, just cant be arsed.

I heard about the Frontera servo and mesured it up to see if it would fit in the engine bay but id have to cut the front chassis leg of to fit it in!! :evil:

Gona try a cavy one after i get my V6 setup. :twisted:

mikeoxford
24-08-03, 10:41 PM
i had considered that. are they the same to fit?

yes

someone did tell me how to detect ABS and non ABS servos, something to do with how the pipes come oput the master cylinder

but i forgot, hence why i aint done it yet :lol: