PDA

View Full Version : Look what i have borrowed for the weekend! jap crap lot look

Rick Draper
22-08-03, 09:26 PM
My mate has lent me this for the weekend its a WRX STI 3. I have seen a rolling road graph my mate had done for it and it ran 300 bhp.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian.storey1/Cimg0036.jpg

Been using it all day and my impressions of it are like this:-

Acceleration in comparison to my nova turbo is no where near as urgent, it seems to take a while to spool up and its laggy.

Cornering grip is good and i have no dobutes it cud beat my nova round corners but then i would smoke it past down the straights with ease! It suffers from shit loads of understeer when cornering fast. It also has STI strut braces on so the ride is tight.

Brakes are good due to it having ABS.

Not that impressed with fuel consumption either, if i drove my nova hard i cud get 175-200 miles to a ?30 tank with it. This i get about 100 miles to ?30 when i thrash it.

Best bit of the whole car is the one touch drivers side electric window but thats cause i am a idle fuck :lol: .

All in all i would get a proper Jap car like a Mitsy Evo6 mak or a Evo8 fq300 or whatever its called. These Subarus are just the poor mans Evo.

O and to all Subaru owners i think they shud take a read of this site it makes for interesting reading :lol: http://www.warroom.com/gaysubaru.htm :lol: :lol:

Also while on the subject of Subarus i think it would be quite rude of me not to pass on a factoid i have recently found out. At Donnington park at the weekend there was a nova turbo that did a 12.5 second quarter mile, this was timed using the timing gear from of all places Elvington, hmm shows how accurate there shit is dont it :lol: :lol: . Let alown Elvington been down hill and all!

Rick

Jim
22-08-03, 09:30 PM
So if you had to choose, what would you have, the Scooby or your Nova?

Jim

Ben (lurk75)
22-08-03, 09:32 PM
Nice friend :!:

Big photo :o

I love one touch windows as well :lol:

Ian
22-08-03, 09:35 PM
LOL. they arent a patch on evos from the ones ive been in.

ps edited pic for you.

Rick Draper
22-08-03, 09:35 PM
No contest at all i would rather have a Nova 2ltr or a 2ltr turbo everytime. Rick

Jim
22-08-03, 10:00 PM
I love one touch windows as well :lol:

Hehe, my g/f's Clio has drivers side one touch window also, there so cool, don't know why though :? :P :lol:

Fair enough Rick.

I agree with you and Ian though, I'd rather have an Evo than a Scooby.

Jim

Ben (lurk75)
22-08-03, 10:13 PM
All the movable windows on the golf are one touch :lol:

brian
22-08-03, 11:16 PM
Very true Rick. Have driven My M8's 99WRX and another M8's EVO 7 and the EVO 7 is leagues ahead. I can honestly say the EVO 7 was one of the easiest cars to drive hard i have ever driven. You can drift out of corners with 100%confidence and it would stop on a Penny!!
Sitting here with a big smile on my face thinking about it again! :roll: :lol:
even though it was limited (to 112mph) when i drove it after he got it it didn't matter. gettin to 112 was the good part!

Jules
22-08-03, 11:19 PM
Best bit of the whole car is the one touch drivers side electric window but thats cause i am a idle f**k :lol: .

There's a simple and cheap mod so you can do this to the Nova leccy windows, when I get the time I'll dig out the old PNG mag with it in somewhere and post the details if you want?
:roll:

techie
23-08-03, 07:42 AM
How about just making Nova electric windows work the same as any other car!

Bloody backwards switches....why I ask you?

epo
23-08-03, 08:38 AM
How about just making Nova electric windows work the same as any other car!

Bloody backwards switches....why I ask you?

when i first bought my sri i thought sum 1 had put me switches in back 2 front there well dodgy

ive driven the evo 1 an x track car from japan me mate bought it well quick only its sufferin now
?1200 on an engine rebuild after he blew the head gasket
?1000 on a tripple racing clutch
?200 on a new alternator
and now needs a new power steerin pump
hes only had it 3 months
and alls the above happened when the warrenty ran out
but when its runnin right its a well fast car waste scoobys no probs

Tilly
23-08-03, 09:19 AM
ive driven a Evo and loved it, was a passenger in a subaru and think it was mad.
never been in a 2ltr Turbo nova so cant judge it

Ben (lurk75)
23-08-03, 12:08 PM
?200 on a new alternator

Thats cheap :!:

epo
23-08-03, 12:15 PM
is it :?: dunno its just every thing seems 2 be going wrong with it at the mo
dont get me wrong its well quick when its runnin right i recon he's had enough with all the expense

Ben (lurk75)
23-08-03, 12:19 PM
same with all cars, there isnt a cheap little runaround.

Rick Draper
23-08-03, 05:06 PM
A full tank of Shell Optimax was put in it on his way up to my house, he filled it up at the Shell garage near Stanlow (the one ste uses) so he knows its fresh as its on his way up to mine. Also he has put octain booster in there as well so it shud be 100+ ron at least. Rick