PDA

View Full Version : clifford alarm :O aka jobbie

shaunboy84
21-03-13, 09:19 PM
whats the best alarms for vauxhall novas :) i have a clifford atm moment, loud but it goes off during the night, chirps 5 times after i lock it, go to open it in the morning chirps again or it sets the alarm off, turn ignition on, i start the car and the battery light stays on once its running, then goes off once a rev a little :( any ideas

conza123
21-03-13, 09:23 PM
im thinking of having a toad ai606 fitted to mine

parents had one fitted to both the impreza and skyline r32 gtr and nether had a problem

raf24
21-03-13, 09:33 PM
Mine has a cobra alarm with immobiliser & wired in through the central locking to make it remote,never had any hassle with it & the siren is loud as fcuk

Jeff16v
21-03-13, 09:40 PM
It chirps five times to indicate a fault with a switch or sensor, the number of chirps tells you what sensor is faulty.

Edit: just found on the web, 5 chirps means remote control battery low.

shaunboy84
21-03-13, 09:57 PM
i fitted a duracell not that long ago :O will need to redo the connections on the leads to the battery, new ring terminals, as well cause the look very worn , cheers for looking mate :)

Jeff16v
21-03-13, 10:07 PM
i fitted a duracell not that long ago :O will need to redo the connections on the leads to the battery, new ring terminals, as well cause the look very worn , cheers for looking mate :)

I also noted you have a battery warning light till revving it, checked tightness\connection on main gearbox to chassis earth strap and also check earth from alternator bracket to engine. You could test the earth but running a jump lead from alternator direct to chassis

shaunboy84
21-03-13, 10:33 PM
cheers, i will recheck everything this weekend, i bought a crimping tool set so might as well redo all :)

Stuart
21-03-13, 10:38 PM
I had a Clifford on mine waaaaaay back, it was fine and rarely false alarmed.
Just get it wired up right and all will be well.
Clifford and toad are the same company iirc.

shaunboy84
22-03-13, 09:01 PM
need a new horn as well, either that the connections have been cut to it

Jack
22-03-13, 09:10 PM
Get some Stebel horns :)

Toad AI606 is a good alarm unit. I've got Falcons with battery backups but they have a habit of chirping when the car battery starts to wane

Jeff16v
22-03-13, 09:17 PM
need a new horn as well, either that the connections have been cut to it

I have a number of horns pack up, I don't use them enough and when I do they have died already. Does it not even make a slight hum? Have you got a live and negative at the steering wheel?

shaunboy84
22-03-13, 09:23 PM
the live and negitive are wired into the steering wheel area, i will need to trace the wires through the dash into the engine bay just bought a crimping tool set so if thats the case will rejoin everything properly to :)

Jeff16v
22-03-13, 09:26 PM
I would run a live and negative direct from battery using a length of wire just to check the horn is working first.

shaunboy84
22-03-13, 09:29 PM
ok will do :) cheers mate for the advice mot soon :O

Pistol Pete
22-03-13, 10:10 PM
Doesnt sound like the alarm is at fault to be honest. As said, check battery and associated connections.

shaunboy84
23-03-13, 08:16 AM
Ok will do, the snows here :-(