PDA

View Full Version : Xe not starting!

Jamie-McKay
20-03-13, 11:48 PM
Took a running xe engine out another nova and fitted into my saloon. Wired it all up and it won't start. Getting no spark and injectors won't open? Fuel pumps working fine and got fuel in the rail aswell. Changed crank sensor no luck with that anyone know what I've done wrong?

Mieran
20-03-13, 11:49 PM
Ignition live in the bay connected up?

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 12:17 AM
Yeh still got wires coming from the car loom if any of them would stop it?

Mieran
21-03-13, 12:21 AM
Ignition live is on the engine loom, black wire

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 12:33 AM
Yeh I've got that running to the ignition live on the wiper motor

Mieran
21-03-13, 12:40 AM
But that doesn't get power when key is on cranking position.

Put that ignition live straight to the battery just as a test and try again.

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 10:03 AM
On a wiring guide it sayd to use that? I'll have a go at it tonight and see what happens. Fingers crossed that's what's wrong

meritlover
21-03-13, 01:23 PM
The position on the switch the wiper motor is powered from looses power in the 'crank' postion so you will loose power to anything fed from it while you crank. The pump will prime when the key ign is switched on. To prove this, listen to the pump and try and hear if its running while the engine is cranking over. You might find it will go with a bump start but not on the key. If you have some friends handy, try and prove that theory.

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 03:01 PM
Yeh the pump does prime but just doesn't start. Tryed using jump leads aswell but didn't change anything. Not got my brakes bled yet so no away to risk that haha

meritlover
21-03-13, 03:20 PM
well does the pump run while the engine is cranking?

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 03:28 PM
Yeh it runs while cranking

Jamie-McKay
21-03-13, 05:19 PM
What wire should I use as an ignition live then?

Spudly
21-03-13, 07:13 PM
If your nova was a carb model then use the feed that wouldve been the live to the coil as your ignition live for the ecu, thats what ive done on mine, (were meaning the single black wire that comes out of the gearbox end of the loom in the box above the fuel rail btw)