PDA

View Full Version : jacking points

Rage
20-03-13, 10:49 PM
i have a scissor jack with my nova van which i don't think is original but it fits my jacking points on the sills. i really don't trust any scissor jacks so i prefer using my 2 ton trolley jack obviously with any jacking i use axle stands and chocks but i don't see anywhere to be using my trolley jack on my nova. on my mk3 cav and mk3 astra i put the cup of my jack under the rear bolt for the lower wishbone and i've never had any troubles but the nova doesn't have this to go this route and i don't want to be putting my jack through my floor. also with my cav and astra i can use my axle stands pretty much anywhere on the front subframe but on my nova there is a distinct lack of subframe to use an axle stand on can anyone shed some light on this.
preferably with pics just to avoid any confusion
cheers in advance people :thumb:

millworm
20-03-13, 11:01 PM
At the front there is a little chassis rail witch is good to jack on if your using a block at the back I just wing it

paul james
20-03-13, 11:12 PM
I generally jack the back up using the rear beam

Benn
20-03-13, 11:26 PM
Sill jacks fit the sill correctly so they don't bend and crush it. Anything else if never use on a sill.

Rear beam and the front bits of the chassis.

Rage
21-03-13, 07:42 AM
the scissor jack i have i need to place perfect or it bends the sill. i'm aware of the rear beam for the back it's the front im more concerned about