PDA

View Full Version : Vectra z19dth problem

paddy138
19-03-13, 09:51 PM
Hi, Have a vectra here im working at and its an unusual one, absolutely no power in it until 3000rpm and then it goes like a pulls like a train after 3000rpm, but sometimes no power at all, it can bairly even pull off from a slight hill, its the z19dth engine, swirl flaps arent siezed and bar is attached but can be taken off easily, i took off throttle flap and ports around it and egr all blocked up, unclogged these ports and egr, and egr isnt sticking and is still the same, would it possibly be a turbo problem maybe a sticking actuator,
there was a good few fault codes when i first plugged in including air leak detected, swirl actuator fault and few others, i just erased everything and drove it a few times and only faults coming back in now are
p0130-03 o2 sensor low voltage (bank 1- sensor1)
p1109-62 unknown dtc

any any ideas what it could be?
any info appreciated

thegingerwhinger
20-03-13, 10:00 AM
Does your diagnostic machine support live data?

paddy138
20-03-13, 05:45 PM
it does

staggy_gsi
20-03-13, 07:48 PM
P1109 is a fault code to do with the swirl flaps....

Maybe the actuator for them is knackered? Done a few turbos on these too but it doesnt sound like thats the problem

Chay84
20-03-13, 07:58 PM
Did you take off the solonoid that pushes the valve back and forth?

paddy138
20-03-13, 09:31 PM
got it sorted, blanked off egr pipe and its goin grand now, puttin a new one on it in the morning, thanks for the input guys, i use to think these were a good engine but the more i work on them i really dont like them anymore

staggy_gsi
20-03-13, 09:46 PM
They have their faults but i still think theyre a pretty decent engine. Glad its sorted

Chay84
20-03-13, 09:50 PM
got it sorted, blanked off egr pipe and its goin grand now, puttin a new one on it in the morning, thanks for the input guys, i use to think these were a good engine but the more i work on them i really dont like them anymore

Tell me about it I have put a new inlet manifold on mine and it cost a **** load

Egr valve Went on mine before I ended up putting a fiat gasket on it it's a lot like a blanking plate with a few holes in it to stop the eml coming on