PDA

View Full Version : Car warranty

tony k
19-03-13, 09:45 PM
Hello guys want to know with car warranty,my astra 1.7 cdti came up with two fault codes,just ain't had the time to get it booked in,well I phoned to book it in today,old them I got the codes came up after doing the pedal test,also got a noise hard to explain,what it sounds like but gonna go with clicking,when your in 3rd gear,4 th and 5 th,under 1k rpmthen stops at 2k rpm,ain't got a clue what it is

Anyway the guy tried telling me that th glow plug thing,is not under warranty as its a wear and tear part,told him your pulling my leg,told him I will bring the car in as it needs doing,as warranty runs out soon,is he right or are they trying to do me over

Here are the possible things it could be

He is what the glow device says
P0380 Glow Device Circuit High Voltage C-033
P0380 Glow Device Circuit Low Voltage B-020
P0380 Glow Device Circuit Open Circuit C-033
P0380 Glow Device General Error C-033
P0380 Glow Device Powerstage High Temperature C-033

Here is the other
P0500 Vehicle Speed Signal not plausible with Engine Speed and Injection Mass B-031
P0500 Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance ABS/TC/ESP (Vehicle Dynamic System) B-011

meritlover
19-03-13, 09:53 PM
he is right in the sense he will do whatever he can to put you off trying to make a claim.

dig out your warranty paperwork and understand what is covered before you go down there so that you are armed with information if he tries to send you away.

Novasport
19-03-13, 11:49 PM
You may find they class glow plugs as a service item like you would spark plugs on a petrol. Check your policy wording for what is and is not covered.

AndrewJenkins
20-03-13, 07:29 AM
ive seen a fair amount of this as a mechanic with our customers saying can you check this over we just bought it with warrenty etc etc and theres warrentys are worring with how little they cover the worst one was a mazda 3 we had in with the ford engine in it and the fathful core plug between the spark plugs was leaking so the customer asked me to call them up which i did which i was greated by unless its leaking oil its not covered and half the time these policys arnt worth the paper the writen on

but good luck and just keep fighting them

kent14sr
20-03-13, 08:36 AM
The noise you refer to at low revs may be the early signs of DMF failure. Usually you can check this by revving it in neutral and listen for a rattling noise/then it will go away if you rev it with the clutch down.

If its DMF then that is usually excluded from any warranty as its allegedly wear and tear - despite Vauxhall common rail diesels seemingly eating them at as little as 50k!

tony k
20-03-13, 10:02 AM
Cheers guys

Didn't know they was part of a service item,will leave it for now,will sort it myself if it is

Looking for my warranty stuff now

Well the noise only happens when he turbo starts to come in,then the noise stops,only does it when as if you in the wrong gear at low speed and you put your foot down,that's the only way I can explain it

Hope it ain't the DMF,don't fancy laying out for one if them at this time

Is there a congestion you can do,going to normal flywheel and clutch

kent14sr
20-03-13, 11:23 AM
I woudnt advise changing to a solid flywheel - the DMF absorbs a lot of vibration and it you put in a solid flywheel its not known for the crank to snap (as it is too thin to handle excess vibration)

If you have the box out to change it, just bite the bullet and do the lot - DMF/Clutch/Slave Cylinder.

meritlover
20-03-13, 12:28 PM
the plugs themselves will be a service item but i would seriously doubt the control system will be, so watch they don't try and bluff you and charge you for plugs to cover the cost of a relay or control module for example.

Jon_nova1
21-03-13, 10:28 AM
change the glowplugs, if it's still showing faults tell them it's showing faults and it's not a problem with the glowplugs that are a serviceable item (yes say it in a way that's easy for monkeys to understand and hard for them to fob you off)