PDA

View Full Version : ecu map files

blue redtop
19-03-13, 03:45 PM
hi has anyone got any ecu map files for any type of cars.
if you have can you pm me please.
i do not want untested or all these free (risky)files that can be down loaded off the net.
thanks

Stuart
19-03-13, 03:55 PM
for which engine, in which car, with which protocol and toolset?

and u in place of you is text typing and naughty ;)

blue redtop
19-03-13, 04:46 PM
i have edited the u :),
all types of cars,vw bmw vauxhall renault fiat etc.

i have a lot of diagnostic and ecu tool readers,all protocols welcome.

looking for standard and if anyone has tuned files that would be interesting to see other peoples maps.
thanks

Stuart
19-03-13, 05:16 PM
ahhhh, that toolset... yeah good luck with that, its all cobbled together to make you think you can be a chooooner, but in reality its just a con :(

blue redtop
20-03-13, 11:24 AM
hahahaha. no,no,no.im not learning about ecu softwere using cheap or free stuff thats down loaded off the net.ive got a few kess tools brought from Alientech uk.

its something i really would like to learn and what better way to learn than comparing map files and changes to the thousands parameters,

any maps i get i will not be using them,they are strictly for learning from.
thanks

meritlover
20-03-13, 12:30 PM
whats wrong with the 'risky' 'free ones' then if you are just comparing them?

Stuart
20-03-13, 03:55 PM
hahahaha. no,no,no.im not learning about ecu softwere using cheap or free stuff thats down loaded off the net.ive got a few kess tools brought from Alientech uk.

its something i really would like to learn and what better way to learn than comparing map files and changes to the thousands parameters,

any maps i get i will not be using them,they are strictly for learning from.
thanks

There is only ONE way to learn how to calibrate (sorry, remap lol ) an engine... by actually doing rather than looking at tables of piss poor setups.

meritlover
20-03-13, 04:15 PM
Agreed, you could stare at numbers all day but they bare no meaning or relation to anything until you make a change and watch/feel the engine respond.

novavansteve
22-06-13, 05:25 PM
What tools do you have? are they master or slave?
i have thousands of files, ranging from astra 1.7dti's to tdv6 landrovers to turboed hyabussa running on mbe
You have no chance of trying to learn how to remap just by looking at files (what software do you have to view files) you need to pick one type of ecu and read up on info about it untill ya eyes bleed! lol
If i can help i will
ps what do you already know about remapping?