PDA

View Full Version : C20 LET Tuning Help

BENDOGGER
18-03-13, 06:58 PM
Right guys ive been collecting parts for my nova as wanting abit more power from it.

Currently running charge cooler phase 1 and some saab injectors.

I have for it at the mo

XE inlet cam
frontera intercooler
phase 3.5 chips
VXR injectors
Uprated fuel pump

Things i need

Adjustable pulley
3.5 bar reg
pipe work for cooler
Hybrid my KKK turbo

Is there anything i need to be adding and am i right in thinking this setup should see about 280-300bhp.

Got a 5 speed in it at the min and have a 6 clog in garage but dunno if its worth all the hassle to convert with benn having trouble with shafts etc

Any advice people cheers.

staggy_gsi
18-03-13, 07:56 PM
Id say the power youre expecting is about bang on tbh mate, and i dont think theres anything else you'll be needing. Not sure about the c20, but with the z20 a lot of people tend to run cosworth spark plugs as they are a grade cooler apparently and give a stronger spark. Definitely made an improvement in my engine anyway

Benn
18-03-13, 08:15 PM
Remember i have prob cause i run mine very very low.

I'd start looking for a diff too. Cause they get a bit tricky with more power...

BENDOGGER
18-03-13, 08:44 PM
Id say the power youre expecting is about bang on tbh mate, and i dont think theres anything else you'll be needing. Not sure about the c20, but with the z20 a lot of people tend to run cosworth spark plugs as they are a grade cooler apparently and give a stronger spark. Definitely made an improvement in my engine anyway

Yeah i had heard about changing the plugs forgot about them cheers mate.

Remember i have prob cause i run mine very very low.

I'd start looking for a diff too. Cause they get a bit tricky with more power...

Mine is quite low too which is why i said about yaself. I will be diffing which ever one i end up going with.

Also would a after market adjustable fuel reg be better than say the cossie ones?

Benn
18-03-13, 09:02 PM
How low is low? My tyres are in the arch..lol

I went with a SaRD one as they have the gauge built in, as i wanted the least joins poss in the fuel line. But they all do the same thing really.

BENDOGGER
19-03-13, 09:21 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g106/gutch1985/20121231_102256.jpg

This low like to see what you think mate

Benn
20-03-13, 08:03 AM
Mines lower than that, just make sure if you go F28 you get everything lined up fully, and then check it again before it's welded on. That's where mine must of moved...

If not, leave the F20 in, diff that and run it for a while see how you get on...

BENDOGGER
20-03-13, 08:15 PM
whats the bestw ay of lining it all up then mate

Benn
20-03-13, 11:19 PM
Measure everything, you what the engine to stay in the same place. I did edge of rocker cover to everything. Then once in try and get the shafts as straight as poss.