PDA

View Full Version : Red mk1 low mile Nova SR 1.4 sold on ebay??????

monty_trials
14-03-13, 12:51 AM
Did anyone on here buy that MK1 SR that was on ebay at £1595? As a lot was discussed about it on here, and there was a lot of ???????????? about it :confused:

Nova00
14-03-13, 08:40 AM
any seconds thoughts of not buying when you had the chance ?

monty_trials
14-03-13, 11:55 AM
very hard one, as i would of bought it blind, being as it was over 350 mile away......if it was more local then would of been a lot easy to make the decision!! I bought a rally prepared SRI last time, hoping to make it standard, as it was the only one in my area.....But had to sell it as it was too far gone to make standard again :( guy who bought it wanted it to rally so was perfect for him.
But I really really want one.....Just have to do the waiting game until the rite one comes along! Just want a standard one......Ok maybe a nice exhaust and the normal 3 spoke nova alloys lol......But nothing thats been body kitted to death and resprayed 50 times :p

sport
14-03-13, 12:42 PM
If you have to travel to find a decent Nova then so be it, i had to fly down to get mine and then a nice drive home.

Just make sure you get loads of decent pics of the usual suspect areas sent to you and tell the sellar to be as honest as possible as your traveling a fair bit.

marc69
14-03-13, 06:52 PM
I wanted an early L model, two years and many near misses for ones I nearly bought as a comporimise.

Then luckily a mint one in the right colour and spec turned up on the bay but at the other end of the country, there was no interest from anyone else which was wierd (although it was a few years ago whilst prices were still low).The pics were rubbish but I bought it blind , paid for transport and luckily in real life it is beautiful, worth the wait.

But for the money SRs seem to be (not the 9K as a seller has asked recently!!!!!!) I would probably go and see it being prepared to either drive it home or, as happened to me on most Novas I have travelled hundreds of miles to see.....get the train back home.

dannymcc
14-03-13, 06:58 PM
I was very interested in it when the add was active and I had a think about it overnight, but by then the add was off. I rang him and he said it has gone to someone in Ireland.

raf24
14-03-13, 07:25 PM
I was very interested in it when the add was active and I had a think about it overnight, but by then the add was off. I rang him and he said it has gone to someone in Ireland.

There's a surprise lol

monty_trials
14-03-13, 08:33 PM
I wanted an early L model, two years and many near misses for ones I nearly bought as a comporimise.

Then luckily a mint one in the right colour and spec turned up on the bay but at the other end of the country, there was no interest from anyone else which was wierd (although it was a few years ago whilst prices were still low).The pics were rubbish but I bought it blind , paid for transport and luckily in real life it is beautiful, worth the wait.

But for the money SRs seem to be (not the 9K as a seller has asked recently!!!!!!) I would probably go and see it being prepared to either drive it home or, as happened to me on most Novas I have travelled hundreds of miles to see.....get the train back home.

Ye the 9k one had really low miles, but its been for sale a few times from what i heard. Still a bit much tho as they where not even that back when they where brand new haha

kent14sr
14-03-13, 08:40 PM
The 9k one originally came to sale via its original dealer Nidd Vale (Wetherby branch)

I understand the owner put it in on scrappage but the dealer recognised the unique nature of it and bought it for the same money subseqently struggling to sell it on ebay for £2500 (from memory). Anyway, it eventually sold to a dealer in Lincolnshire and was back on ebay within a few weeks for double the money.

Some local members viewed it and posted their findings on here - I seem to recall it wasnt as mint as you would expect, but has no doubt now been all sorted and put back up for sale by dealer number 3 for double money again.

monty_trials
14-03-13, 10:32 PM
something up tho if its for sale loads!!!!! Still 9k????? Something strange there as thats crazy money!!

Nova00
14-03-13, 10:53 PM
I am waiting until the December DVLA figures are published to update my "109" thread re SR. There will certainly a big reduction in both 1.3SR and 1.4Sr on the road as loads were taken off the road in 2012 for the winter.