PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion aftermarket exhaust wont fit XE downpipe

J144LBG
13-03-13, 08:52 AM
I bought a Scorpion exhaust of a member of the forum. I tried to fit it at w.e. but it seems the down pipe on my redtop has been modified with a sleev design with a "u-clamp" However, the Scorpio system has the proper flange to go around a fire ring. If I get a 4 branch for the red top, will the exhaust fit straight onto it, or is it common place to have to modify the exhaust midpipe to fit the XE Downpipe/4branch?

Thanks

kent14sr
13-03-13, 02:21 PM
I would use a proper flange if you can. The idea for this is when the engine moves the joint remains flexible.

J144LBG
13-03-13, 02:31 PM
I would use a proper flange if you can. The idea for this is when the engine moves the joint remains flexible.

Yeah, I gathered that it must be for that. Bit I am unsure about, Is if I buy an Astra Mk3 gsi manifold/downpipe or 4 branch, is it going to need modified. What have the rest of the boys on here done? I dont want to use the sleeve design. But i am trying to suss that if I buy a 4 branch, Isa it going to need choped and welded or something?, cheers

kent14sr
13-03-13, 02:36 PM
Yes, if you want to use a standard Nova system you will need to adapt an Astra manifold to do so/or Calibra/Cav etc

I chopped and welded the one I did so I could retain the flange. If you sleeve it, using a U bolt you run the risk of cracking it somewhere as there is no flex.

J144LBG
13-03-13, 02:44 PM
Yes, if you want to use a standard Nova system you will need to adapt an Astra manifold to do so/or Calibra/Cav etc

I chopped and welded the one I did so I could retain the flange. If you sleeve it, using a U bolt you run the risk of cracking it somewhere as there is no flex.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Soild rear mount would sort engine movement would it?

I read in guide, the best manifold to start with is the astra mk2 one?

Also what mount do I buy as the engine does move a fair bit, and I am needing to get polybushes for the lower arms aswell.

Thanks for info

Dave