The Bitch
22-08-03, 11:42 AM
:P what would it cost rufly 4 a full respray in pink pearl :P

Mark
22-08-03, 01:37 PM
Probably best asking a bodyshop. :wink:

Neil.
24-08-03, 02:11 AM
can range from ?100 to ?1000+ depends on where u go and what u want doing, best thing to do is go to a body shop and say, i want this this and this doing, how much roughly.

Wiggie
24-08-03, 05:04 PM
its quite comical how many people ask that. it would be best to do the prep work yourself if you feel brave eneugh, this will save you a wedge of money and youl gain experience.

Paul
25-08-03, 12:30 AM
My respray is on Tuesday, the bodyshop i am using ranges from basic resprays called 'blow overs' to expensive 'top jobs' ?275 -?1500 respectively. I did the prep work myself, and smoothed in skirts, vents, ready to be stripped and painted getting very decent job but not top job done for ?500.

Here is ther websire:

www.garryleepanelcraft.co.uk

Neil.
26-08-03, 10:14 PM
so does that mean they'll put less effort into the work?

Wiggie
26-08-03, 10:19 PM
YES. and less time on sanding - ignoring stone chips

but it will still come out looking nice

novaexplod
28-08-03, 06:42 PM
so how much wud it roughly cost for a spray over the top of a fully primered smoothed car? 500?

Neil.
28-08-03, 06:46 PM
i'd think that if the car is fully primered then all the body shop has to do is pray it, i'd say under ?300-500.

Paul
28-08-03, 06:49 PM
Not really Wiggie and who ever else wrote that. I sanded it all down myself, and they are knocking out all the dents and smoothing in bonnet vents and skirts and respray in subaru blue now for ?600.

As i said, there range is bigger what they call 'blow overs' are a quick rub down and then a spray.

There 'top jobs' are everthing removed, interior, windows, they sand it down very well, primer it, spray it and then lacquerr it, then install everything back in.

I took everything out myself, they are going to do windows and put them back in, i sanded mine down myself, they are going to then just give me the car back in a fi state to drive home.

So they are going to put effort in, just not going to refit everything, and they also dont need to sand it down.

Wiggie
28-08-03, 10:33 PM
Not really Wiggie and who ever else wrote that. I sanded it all down myself, and they are knocking out all the dents and smoothing in bonnet vents and skirts and respray in subaru blue now for ?600.

As i said, there range is bigger what they call 'blow overs' are a quick rub down and then a spray.

There 'top jobs' are everthing removed, interior, windows, they sand it down very well, primer it, spray it and then lacquerr it, then install everything back in.

I took everything out myself, they are going to do windows and put them back in, i sanded mine down myself, they are going to then just give me the car back in a fi state to drive home.

So they are going to put effort in, just not going to refit everything, and they also dont need to sand it down.

is that not my point?

Dave
28-08-03, 11:40 PM
if yuo sprayed it all in pink pearl would look mad but the paint will be expensive let alone all the prep work then final sprayin, it would be cheaper to find a base coat then have the pearl blown over the top of it

Paul
28-08-03, 11:41 PM
No you said they'll put less effort into the work. Not at all, the work they do they will put effort it.

Its just i did all prep and i'm gonna refit anything they take out more than i did.

novaexplod
28-08-03, 11:46 PM
i basically ment a blow over then, im gonna do the dents and smoothin and all sanding, i just want a gud spray ( blow over) usin the primer paint and laquer, dont want everythin removed just want the sprayin done good as a blow over, so how much is that likely to cost usin the same standard colour properly sprayed without doin ne of the prep work cept primer and sealer (which they shud use if its a gud job) :lol:

novaexplod
28-08-03, 11:46 PM
i basically ment a blow over then, im gonna do the dents and smoothin and all sanding, i just want a gud spray ( blow over) usin the primer paint and laquer, dont want everythin removed just want the sprayin done good as a blow over, so how much is that likely to cost usin the same standard colour properly sprayed without doin ne of the prep work cept primer and sealer (which they shud use if its a gud job) :lol:

Jim
29-08-03, 01:50 PM

depending on the bodyshop, I suppose around ?20-?50 per panel for a blow over. 2 wings, 2 doors, 2 rear 1/4's, boot, bonnet, 2 bumpers, Roof, got to be looking around ?250 - ?500 I suppose :s It's really hard to say until you get quotes from bodyshops.

Jim

linzTDI
16-09-03, 01:18 PM
i was quoted ?1800 form a local place called thomas McKay i nearly died

?Marty?
17-09-03, 03:49 AM
it would be best to do the prep work yourself if you feel brave eneugh, this will save you a wedge of money and youl gain experience.

No it's not. The prep is what makes the finish. THAT is what the pro's should be doing.

And if you're going to do everything, and even primer it, then you might as well just spray it yourself too! Since if you'd done a shit job till that point, it will still look shit even if a pro sparays the actual paint. But if you've done a pukka job till that point, it'd be a piece of piss to spary the pain too (since it's same as primer).

I was quoted ?2000 for mine. Tho got it done for slightly less.