View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Vauxhall Signum

Edd
10-03-13, 10:10 PM
Been looking into getting a Signum

Good value for money and look pretty good IMO with a few bits added

The 2 I've been looking at are

2.2 petrol Z22SE I think
1.9 diesel

I know the springs are a weak point and that the 2.2 needs to have the can chain, rollers done

Anyone know any other problems with either engine?

Opinions on which one to go for?

Any other advise on Signums?

Edd

Novasport
10-03-13, 10:12 PM
All the usual modern diesel stuff on the 1.9. EGR valve, DPF, inlet manifold etc.
Didn't they do a 3.0 diesel?

Edd
10-03-13, 10:18 PM
They do, but I've known 2 people that had problems with liners in the block with that engine, quite common apparently

I don't really want the 1.9 diesel, there the just the same price as the 2.2 petrol

Duel mass flywheel stuff is a concern of mine tho

Crap every day car has fcuked me off now lol want something half decent

vessey
10-03-13, 10:25 PM
Av got a 05 1.9 deisel vectra and I carnt really fault it tbh av had it 6month and put nearly 12000 onit fault less and returns 47 mpg

Stuart
10-03-13, 11:05 PM
The 2.2 is a fantastic engine, BUT its thristy as hell..... You will be lucky to see 30mpg.
Also the head can crack due to over torquing the spark plugs (tiny tiny over torque!), exhaust manifolds crack, the chain thing should be ok if its newer than 2003ish but the chain guides will want changing after 5-8 years.

I'd opt for the 1.9 cdti150 version as it will be quick enough and still do good economy.... Put it this away a vecy c with a 150 lump dicked alllllll over my VX on the motorway lol

Avoid the v6 derv... Big wallet hole waiting to happen :(

turbojolt
10-03-13, 11:12 PM
i was parked up near some traffic lights the other day and see a black signum with some ir(spelling)ushireeeereerier parts fitted looked really good