PDA

View Full Version : bilstien black shocks with which springs ?

jimbob-mcgrew
09-03-13, 10:06 AM
im looking into getting some of these +20% shocks to replace standards.
and set them with some -40mm springs.

i dont have much knowledge of different types.
i do know that the apex yellow springs are too hard for my liking.
and not keen on the feel of gmax. (almost dangerous)

i was looking for something comfy but still effective.
what would you guys reccomend to go with them, lesjofors any good ?

cheers :thumb:

mk1nova_rich
10-03-13, 07:31 PM
On my Corsa C I have fitted some black Bilsteins with an Eibach Sportline -30mm spring kit. Perfect mix between OE comfort and handling IMO

jimbob-mcgrew
11-03-13, 09:21 AM
cheers rich, ive discovered a few companys selling that mix (is sportline the same as pro ?), apparently its a decent combo.
most people want mega low, but im perfectly happy with -30.
always good to get some trial and tested feedback tho, cheers. i think ill put them on my christmas list :)

mk1nova_rich
11-03-13, 03:24 PM
Yeh same as the Pro-kit, just double checked now.

I didnt want stupidly low or stiff, just a nice improvement over standard as it made more sense than fitting just new standard kit when I freshened up the suspension

jimbob-mcgrew
11-03-13, 04:30 PM
yeah, sounds perfect. you running a smallblock with them ?

mk1nova_rich
11-03-13, 04:32 PM
On a 1.2 Corsa C but same principle as a Nova

Sola
16-03-13, 11:00 PM
I fitted black Bilsteins and Eibach Sportline springs from LMF to my Nova last year. Drove like a totally different car afterwards. Probably the best mod I have made to it.

I even found myself gunning it round roundabouts to see how far I could push the set up. Further than I thought! Seriously recommend this set up, not at all harsh or uncomfortable and hugely improves the handling.

sport
17-03-13, 10:07 AM
I fitted black Bilsteins and Eibach Sportline springs from LMF to my Nova last year. Drove like a totally different car afterwards. Probably the best mod I have made to it.

I even found myself gunning it round roundabouts to see how far I could push the set up. Further than I thought! Seriously recommend this set up, not at all harsh or uncomfortable and hugely improves the handling.

You got any pics of this set up fitted to your nova?

To see how it stands.