PDA

View Full Version : C20xe feels slow

milwain
09-03-13, 01:46 AM
Hello my mate brought a valver corsa yesterday been out in it tonite and it feels like its really down on power ,if you hit 2nd gear hard it dosent spin like they usually do it just bogs down like a 1.2 would and dosent seem to rev hard like somethings holding it back ?? ,any help where to start looking would be great thanks matt

richz_nova
09-03-13, 08:06 AM
what sort of flywheel it got on mate, maybe a pot one??

Cossvaux van
09-03-13, 08:53 AM
They spin best with pot type on timings art best bet

milwain
09-03-13, 09:10 AM
Its got a flat flywheel on it and its running f16 its si's old one rich ste brought it off him and cheers cossvaux van ill have a look at the timing later see if its sitting on the marks properly. Its running a Gx ecu aswell iv never seen one of them befor shouldnt a early astra gte engine be running a FP ? Without the lamda sensor ?? Alot of the dates on the engine are saying 89

philip
09-03-13, 10:30 AM
Ive got an fp ecu from a gte i had on my engine, but went to dispac, so available if need one.

When was the car serviced last? May run better with new oil/filter and plugs

jimbob-mcgrew
09-03-13, 10:51 AM
does it stutter any or just rev slow ?

might be worth having a peek at the throttle linkage. make sure your getting 100% from the pedal / cable.

maybe pull the plugs out to check their condition, usually gives you an idea of whats going on by the look of them.

milwain
09-03-13, 10:59 AM
Already got a fp ecu philip will try tht later but cheers anyway and it had a oil and filter change about 500 mile ago havent a clue about plugs ill pull them out and check coulour ect . The throttle cable was the first thing i checked it all seems to be working fine its does splutter when pulling off sometimes and brings the ecu light on for a few seconds i flashed the ecu and just comes up crank sensor because its not running

pie
09-03-13, 11:03 AM
is it chipped?

milwain
09-03-13, 11:21 AM
No not that i know of the ecu dosent seem like its been apart befor

jimbob-mcgrew
09-03-13, 07:02 PM
tried cleaning the cam and crank sensors ?
yeh, see what the plugs are saying on the fueling front, you might have an iffy injector or bad plug lead or anything like that.
check all the earth straps round the engine and manifolds, sometimes can screw all sorts of things up if they have corrosion on the connections