PDA

View Full Version : not nova but mk4 astra derv van

Rickyb
03-03-13, 06:13 PM
Hi my mates mk4 astra van 1.7td has just let go on the motorway he cant afford to have it repaired in a garage but ive got a mk3 astra isuzu td and i wonderd how hard it would be to fit rather than replacing the crappy mk4 lump. I remember seing a yelllow mk4 van on here what had it done and a combo c had one but i cant think whos they were. Cheers in advance for any info
Rick

Nobby
03-03-13, 11:48 PM
Hobbit and David Fox are your men ;)

Rickyb
04-03-13, 10:20 AM
cheers fella.

Spudly
04-03-13, 07:13 PM
As above, Dave built the combo i now own, he used the izuzu td block, and left the original gearbox and full starter/alt setup in place, so only really the block is swapped!

You will need an astra mk4 pedal with some welderyness added to run the fly by wire setup and obviously the cable throttle, as the pedal needs to be plugged in or other stuff wont work!

And there is also a feed needed for the clocks which comes from the alt, this will turn on the clocks and the epas and such, you wont be able to run a rev counter, but imo thats no biggy!

Thats only the basics of it that i gained from Dave, he is the man to speak to i reckon:thumb:

Rickyb
04-03-13, 09:17 PM
Cheers spud ive sent him a pm but he hasnt been active for a while does the drives side mount just bolt to the 8v block then?
Cheers for your reply buddy its really helped