PDA

View Full Version : new seals

chrisd1986
03-03-13, 10:03 AM
just looking around the hatch at all the little things that need doing and i noticed that all the window seals are perishing and i was wondering if you can get them new and how would i remove tbe rear window surround?

marc69
03-03-13, 10:28 AM
I don't know if you can get them new but removing them the naughty way (probably wrong) is quite easy. YOu need a number of flat screwdrivers or similar and patience.

It's basically the same method as the rear passenger windows. Push the rubber from the inside (for the hatch from the bottom on the inside) from the inside lip to the outside of the lip. Be careful not to put too much pressure incase you break the window and try not to scrath any paint. I always find getting the first few screw drivers in awkward but once you get a few inches going...lol it goes ok. The bottom and the one side done completely like this, the second side will be easier as there will be more leeway then just pull it out carefully.

Pretty much the same putting them back in. I have tried the string method on different cars and I can't get it too work but other folk do. Maybe someone else has a better method?

chrisd1986
03-03-13, 10:33 AM
ive ive done it a few times before and i always pop em back in with rope but i just want to change them because they look awfull and need binning

marc69
03-03-13, 10:35 AM
Probably start leaking too if they are perished

chrisd1986
03-03-13, 10:43 AM
its kept in a garage so ive not got a worry about leaks but its just somthing on my list of jobs im making at the moment