PDA

View Full Version : Diesel to C20XE

MK1_beastie
27-02-13, 04:36 PM
I might be able to get my hands on a van shell which was a 1.7 diesel and was thinking of putting an XE in it. Can anyone tell me if there is much different about converting this instead of a petrol model? The engine is in a nova just now so have a tank and mounts etc to swap.

Thanks

MK1_beastie
27-02-13, 04:38 PM
Just noticed this is in the wrong section, Sorry!

Jon_nova1
27-02-13, 05:54 PM
engine mount is different, along with the usual fuel tank etc

MK1_beastie
27-02-13, 06:06 PM
Is it just the one mount the same as going from small block to big block or a bit more fabrication required?

mowgli
27-02-13, 06:43 PM
the rh mount is totally different on a diesel model. you will need to fabricate a new one. but the other big block mounting stuff will be normal. the diesel driveshafts should be 22 spline(but might not be), if so, cav 1600 diesel inner cv's should fit

Iain
27-02-13, 10:59 PM
Should be able to drill the spotwelds off a petrol RH mount and weld that on in the right place though right?

Mieran
27-02-13, 11:05 PM
I was thinking that Iain, or weld on Corsa B type 2 chassis leg conversion bit where the rubber mount bolts too

burgo
28-02-13, 12:08 AM
You are aware you could fit a 1.7td and tune it to more power than an xe for cheaper than th xe. Plus it'll bolt in, no changing looms, fuel tank and lines and its something different to every other xe that's already out there

MK1_beastie
28-02-13, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Going to have a look at the shell at weekend hopefully.

Burgo, I already have the engine running in another nova, so it's easier for me to just swap it over rather than find another engine. I know what you mean though, would be good to get good power out a diesel and upset a few folk!