PDA

View Full Version : Road signs

Jack
26-02-13, 05:36 PM
Just had a read of this (http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/brits-bamboozled-confused-by-road-signs) which had me doing this :wall: for the most part, but this takes the biscuit...

http://www.confused.com/~/media/press-office/road-signs-collection.jpg

...the first one anyway. Considering the sign says "no vehicles" under it, how the feck can 93% of people not get what that sign means?! lol

mowgli
26-02-13, 07:28 PM
i think the problem with the 1st one is that most people know it is 'no vehicles', its the 'except bikes being pushed' that they will miss....

i wonder if the survey asked cops when should they use indicators......

steviegsi
26-02-13, 07:33 PM
That does not surprise me at all. lol although I couldn't remember wtf the no waiting one was :roll:

blue_peg_16v
27-02-13, 07:18 AM
No surprise there tbh, the amount of pupils (mainly lads) that think they can pass there theory with no effort is amazing, and near enough all pupils forget it as soon as they walk away from the test centre, lost count of the times I've asked a pupil a question after there theory to get the response of I duno forgot all that now and you don't need it do you, it's scary.

Had a pupil the other day get her mum to do the theory and she only scored 28/50 she's now all for retesting as part of your contiued driving.

Spudly
27-02-13, 10:30 AM
Because as Rich just pointed, out, they think as soon as the test is passed, you can forget what youve been told/taught/learned, as it simply isnt needed anymore, they just seem to think that playing dodgems with other road users is all the skill you need!

You only need to go to a mini roundabout during busy times and see what happens, usually most people stop as they simply dont know what theyre supposed to do :roll:

burgo
27-02-13, 10:56 AM
I didnt revise at all for my theory :)

Edd
27-02-13, 11:25 AM
My theory was read a number plate ate 20m, and identify 3 road signs lol

they might as well go back to that as the new system clearly isn't producing decent drivers, standards are shocking out there

conza123
27-02-13, 11:56 AM
i borought the cd rom that has the same questions as test so just memorised questions lol

meritlover
27-02-13, 12:04 PM
i borought the cd rom that has the same questions as test so just memorised questions lol

did you memorise the answers as well?

Southie
27-02-13, 12:29 PM
I found this one quite useful:

http://www.northernscum.org.uk/dump/The_real_meaning_of_Traffic_signs-2.jpg

Edd
27-02-13, 12:31 PM
lol ^ lol

conza123
27-02-13, 12:32 PM
yep lol

mowgli
27-02-13, 02:15 PM
its a pity the spelling & grammar is all over the place.... but funny .

anyone ever taken a touchscreen health &safety test for a cpcs card??? they give you 40 mins.. i took 9 mins because i rechecked every answer 3 times... it was embarassingly simple, yet my 17year old nephew took 3 goes to pass it.. we all had training books & simply went thru them ticking the boxes... he lost his after the 2nd test. he borrowed mine & to piss him off, i ticked every sodding box so he had to work it out.. it also took him 3 goes to do his theory.

you should try an hgv test. they get you to do emergency stop & reversing round an obstacle to park in a 'garage' before you even leave the test centre yard.. cos if you can't do that, they ain't taking you up the road. you also need to answer questions on vehicle repairs & what to do if something fails when driving & how to stop safely.