PDA

View Full Version : X16xe

gsi nova jay
24-02-13, 11:51 AM
My x16xe is leaking oil in to exhaust ports 1 and 2 how do you no if its stem seals or the rings ?

meritlover
24-02-13, 12:10 PM
by doing a compression test, both wet and dry.

tom reid
24-02-13, 03:44 PM
Take the exhaust manifold off and shine a torch into the ports, your looking to see a trail from where the oil is leaking from, I'd guess that the guides and seals are goosed, so the oil trail will be on the roof of the port.

MK999
24-02-13, 03:56 PM
Mr Reids test is a bit more definitive but if you've had someone following you noticing oil smoke generally under load is rings (as the crankcase pressurises with blowby and forces oil up into the intaking bores) and on overrun is stem seals (because the inlet is under vacuum against a closed throttle) but it can be hard to tell... gives you an idea where to check first basically.

gsi nova jay
24-02-13, 06:13 PM
Thanks I used the engine last year and have just put it in a new shell could it be anything to do with me rolling the car last year at all or just one of them things

meritlover
24-02-13, 06:19 PM
just one of those things probably. depends how bad it is. check its not coming though the breathers and getting burned off that way if the engines been upside down.

gsi nova jay
24-02-13, 06:24 PM
Everything else seems ran ok for an hour the other day now it struggles to start and plugs 1 and 2 are caked in oil

tom reid
25-02-13, 03:54 PM
There's not too much oil in it?

gsi nova jay
25-02-13, 07:09 PM
I've stripped the exhaust manifold off and now I don't think it's oil It seems like its flooding and I'm not getting power to the fuel rail. Is it worth stripping the x16xe loom off and putting the c16xe loom I have got or put the engine in answell ?

meritlover
25-02-13, 07:26 PM
I've stripped the exhaust manifold off and now I don't think it's oil It seems like its flooding and I'm not getting power to the fuel rail. Is it worth stripping the x16xe loom off and putting the c16xe loom I have got or put the engine in answell ?

well is it oil or fuel? are the plugs soaking wet?

the loom should match the ECU and sensors of which its running

gsi nova jay
25-02-13, 07:33 PM
Yes it defo fuel. And have the c16 ecu and everything I need to change it