PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of the Rwd from Glasgow on eBay?

AndyRandz
23-02-13, 11:17 PM
Hi guys, like to pick your brains, does anyone know anything about the rwd nova currently on eBay?
Seems a really nice spec rally/track car. I'm aware it's not a looker but does anyone know the car first hand? Built quality and overall condition of shell concerns me with it being used competitively. Id be looking to get it road worthy again as v5 is present. Guy seems really nice and genuine but I'm 4 hours away so long way for me to travel for a viewing..
I'm struggling to find a decent sport and not even getting close to sourcing a sprint so I'm intending to build a sprint c replica... Seems a great idea to build it around a mid engined rwd set up. Just wondering if this car would be a good base to start!?
Andy

Mieran
23-02-13, 11:22 PM
I was reading the advert and thinking RWD and F13 wtf? Then it clicked that its rear engined lol

Advert is not the best like

AndyRandz
23-02-13, 11:41 PM
Advert is not the best like
Totally agree with you there. Wish it let onto a bit more. More photos would be biggest plus. Guy seems really genuine and wants a fair price for it but i get the just he doesnt know a great deal about it. He just suggested i come for a look but its a long way to go knowing so little.

waggygsi
24-02-13, 04:47 PM
ive only ever seen it at one event couple of years back

fearless
24-02-13, 05:46 PM
Car had a feature in Cars and Car Conversions (CCC) magazine many many years ago - I think the article was call Car clinic, where they test and assess the car then recommend improvements - Not sure If I still have the mag somewhere !!!

Dave

billewizz
24-02-13, 10:18 PM
If it is the nova avon they featured, remember seeing it through dalby wood yard many years ago and it had one hell of an engine in then, that one would be long since dead but it did get the power down so the front end should be rite as this is the problem end with conversions like this.

dc1984
24-02-13, 10:28 PM
Never heard of it about here mate, it's less tan 5 miles away from me aswel according to egay.

dc1984
24-02-13, 10:33 PM
Put a post up in the Scotland section to see if anyone up here with mechanical knowledge could have a look at it first for you.
I would of checked it out but I don't know much about mechanics mate.

Worth a try if it saves you a wasted day in driving plus fuel etc.

David.

AndyRandz
24-02-13, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Dave that's a great idea but I don't know if I'd really like to trouble somebody into doing that for me.
Again one mans opinion can never be the same as the next it's really all about knowing who you can trust to look over it.
Andy

jimbob-mcgrew
25-02-13, 12:56 AM
rwd is the only thing nova's are missing to becoming epic. im gonna have to take a peek this ebay one

fearless
25-02-13, 07:20 AM
I'm affaid it's not the Avon rwd nova - that one was a c20XE and built by Ian jemmison

If I get time I will try and find the mag and scan it in

stuartp
25-02-13, 11:21 PM
I though this seems good I could break it and keep a lot of items like the sump kit then I seen the location ooooo