PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember the Nova from Britains Worst Driver?

DAVIDKEDENS
23-02-13, 10:06 PM
Think it was red/pink, bodykit etc.. was the guy who done fifth gear iirc lol
Mind watching it years ago and just wondered if anyone knew if the video was still about? :)

L14MNP
24-02-13, 02:38 PM
I remember it well.

Who was the owner, Johnny?? lol

jimbob-mcgrew
24-02-13, 02:52 PM
i saw it when aired, but forgotten since.

it was from 2003 what i can find out, pink nova, guys name was Daz

must be a recording of it on the net somewhere

L14MNP
24-02-13, 02:55 PM
Classic series. lol

"Watch the carrrrr-b!"

staggy_gsi
24-02-13, 04:48 PM
I remember that well.

I seem to remember noticing the car looked different in the clip where it blew up though, im sure it had a gsi front bumper on but it was fully kitted when he was driving it wasnt it?

SimonTW
24-02-13, 05:23 PM
I remember reading on Roybacer that he actually got to keep the engine and a few other bits before it was blown up. I did see the clip on youtube a few months back I think.

mowgli
24-02-13, 05:28 PM
i always assumed the worst driver show was another setup format....

who in their right mind would actually got voluntarily onto a show to announce they were absolutely shyte at driving & deservr to be ridiculed??

i saw one where a bloke apparently lost his rag in a multi storey car park, jumped out of his car, dragged someone out of their car cos they were reversing too slow & parked their car, then jumped into his car & sped off, hurtling down the levels, all of which were seen on camera...now, i don't know that much about tv budgets, but surely a show like this can't afford to put 2 dozen cameras in to record an apparent spur of the moment race down a car park.....

brainsnova
24-02-13, 05:48 PM
Daz is a member on here lol

mowgli
24-02-13, 05:58 PM
so was it done with tongue in cheek???

ASH GSI
24-02-13, 05:59 PM
I remember not being happy when they blew up the nova grrrrrrrr lol

burgo
24-02-13, 06:07 PM
Didnt he get given 10k to blow it up?

mowgli
24-02-13, 06:08 PM
thats better than selling it

raf24
24-02-13, 06:30 PM
I would blow mine up for half that :thumb:

DAVIDKEDENS
24-02-13, 06:50 PM
I would blow mine up for half that :thumb:

lol lol

It was many years ago I seen it and if it was aired 2003.. I was seven :thumb: Can't find it anywhere but want to see it lol

Iain
24-02-13, 07:23 PM
Yeah it's on Youtube somewhere I'm sure of it. Remember it having different bumpers and bits when it was blown up though

He was supposedly building this with the money, remember seeing pics on here but nothing since: http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1159

Spudly
24-02-13, 07:38 PM
Someone bought that abortion a few years back, they had a thread on here where they broke all the shoite from it and binned it, left them with a fairly decent shell iirc!

SimonTW
24-02-13, 07:39 PM
Haha, great find. WTF is that EVO vent on the roof!

L14MNP
24-02-13, 07:40 PM
The lad with the Novas on Deals on Wheels was better imo.

Selling a povvo spec, and had a bazzed up GTE as his 'baby'.

The Magic Tree getting it's lean on (and his mam) when exposed to the rigours of driving like a ned.

raf24
24-02-13, 07:50 PM
The lad with the Novas on Deals on Wheels was better imo.

Selling a povvo spec, and had a bazzed up GTE as his 'baby'.

The Magic Tree getting it's lean on (and his mam) when exposed to the rigours of driving like a ned.

Was that the white tiger striped gte with the three spokes?

L14MNP
24-02-13, 07:59 PM
Was that the white tiger striped gte with the three spokes?

Yeah lol

He said it was also mag featured or had the mag poster on his work toolbox?

I laughed at him leaving it up to his mam to sell the boggo one whilst he was in Ibiza.

raf24
24-02-13, 08:11 PM
Yeah lol

He said it was also mag featured or had the mag poster on his work toolbox?

I laughed at him leaving it up to his mam to sell the boggo one whilst he was in Ibiza.

I kept watching out for repeats of that episode but its not been on for ages,it would be good to see all the old cars in deals on wheels from back in the day.

L14MNP
24-02-13, 08:34 PM
Aye, they only show the same series. 4OD is the same. I've checked before. lol

raf24
24-02-13, 09:15 PM
Aye, they only show the same series. 4OD is the same. I've checked before. lol

I did exactly the same lol maybe discovery or somebody else will show them again as they used to be on real time now & again.
A guy i know sold his porsche 911 on it years ago near motherwell,looked dodgy as fcuk as he met with a couple of guys from birmingham at a petrol station at night,robert said he was paid about £600 for appearing on camera when the deal was done lol