PDA

View Full Version : XE/LET Oil leak mods.. Ideas or Fact?

r.wadge
19-02-13, 09:49 PM
Ive seen a few different ideas now, but which ones are worth doing? This is my first build which i hope to be running 3-400bhp. Need long term solutions or would quality of parts, surfaces and the whole build in general cover it to a reasonable level?
8 valve baffle and seals makes sense..
Any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers!

camels toe
19-02-13, 10:02 PM
Get a 8v steel sump too. Ive had loads of 8v engines and they never leak oil.The first xe i bought never stopped leaking even with the 8v gasket. Once swopped to a steel one it was fine and every xe ive had since gets one.
The alloy ones always warp or the mating face cracks ect.They changed them to alloy for extra cooling but its not really needed with our climate and at that power you`ll be using an external cooler anyway.

joff-turbo-nova
19-02-13, 10:17 PM
Also just change the rocker cover gasket every 12 months and then you won't get top end leaks and oil down in the spark plug holes which can give sparking issues.

Joff

r.wadge
19-02-13, 10:39 PM
Cheers for the reply mate. So 8v sump, baffle and seals will all go on with no mods needed? Maybe bend baffle abit for rod bolts? The other seals should hold up if fitted correctly...

Is that the one?
http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_OIL_SUMP___OIL_PAN_without_dashboard_mult i-function_display._-_90200542N.html

cheers

r.wadge
19-02-13, 10:43 PM
Cheers joff, noticed a little trickle near the dizzy on the xe, 2 of them on order lol

camels toe
20-02-13, 09:08 AM
Thats the one ive bought my last two from them and they`re very good quality. Have a look at the tabs some you have to bend and some you dont,the last one i got from ebay you didnt.