PDA

View Full Version : It just gets better!

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 09:06 PM
Passed my driving test today within a week of my 17th :d
gutted i can't drive the nova till friday though:(

TeddyThom
19-02-13, 09:09 PM
Congratulations dude :thumb:

When I passed my test, I had to wait a week til I got paid, was really weird the day after passing my driving test having to go to college on the bus!!

raf24
19-02-13, 09:10 PM
Well done mate :thumb:

pie
19-02-13, 09:12 PM
congrats dude :thumb:

millworm
19-02-13, 09:12 PM
beat me :(

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 09:16 PM
Congratulations dude :thumb:

When I passed my test, I had to wait a week til I got paid, was really weird the day after passing my driving test having to go to college on the bus!!

Thanks everyone! :) and not good, mines disabled tax and i only passed this afternoon so didn't have time to get back, get it insured, then go to the dvla office before it closed to tax it and i have to go away to college again tomorrow

bazzap8389
19-02-13, 09:19 PM
Congratulations mate :thumb:

conza123
19-02-13, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone! :) and not good, mines disabled tax and i only passed this afternoon so didn't have time to get back, get it insured, then go to the dvla office before it closed to tax it and i have to go away to college again tomorrow

are you gonna bring it to the meet on sunday then as driving a nova is better than driving your race car lol

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 09:22 PM
are you gonna bring it to the meet on sunday then as driving a nova is better than driving your race car lol

nahh :P hopefully the next one tho! to be fair i don't think the nova will ever live up to the race car power wise lol

dc1984
19-02-13, 09:28 PM
Awesome mate, well done.

David.

Benn
19-02-13, 09:36 PM
Well done dude.

Just remember, take it slow and easy till your used to it.

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 09:42 PM
Well done dude.

i will, i've done an intensive course, so fitted in a vast amount of hours, alongside the fact i've raced since i was twelve, but i know that it doesn't mean that makes me an average driver but i guess it all helps, and compared to some of the awful driving i've seen on the roads recently...

conza123
19-02-13, 09:46 PM
Well done dude.

within a week if passing my test i was akready doing over 70+ down the country lanes lol

novalovingned
19-02-13, 09:51 PM
Well done mate. I can imagine Friday can't come quick enough lol Be sensible on the road which I'm sure you will. Best of luck :)

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 09:51 PM
within a week if passing my test i was akready doing over 70+ down the country lanes lol

private country lanes of course :thumb:

dc1984
19-02-13, 09:57 PM
Without wanting to sound too patronising mate always ask yourself this question before planting the rite foot to the floor....

Can I stop in time if I was to meet myself coming the other way?

That was the one thing that has always stuck with me from when I past my test.

David.

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 10:03 PM
Without wanting to sound too patronising mate always ask yourself this question before planting the rite foot to the floor....

That was the one thing that has always stuck with me from when I past my test.

David.

it's fine, i understand :) i'm not planning on going fast with her, thats what the racings for, i'll keep it on track :)

conza123
19-02-13, 10:03 PM
private country lanes of course :thumb:

yep lol

MK999
19-02-13, 10:04 PM
Well done dude.

To be fair to the guy he chucks around a few hundred kilos of twin bike engined nuttiness at what it is, like 900bhp/tonne? On dirt of all things!

If he stacks it in a Nova it's gonna be a seriously red faced moment lol

Benn
19-02-13, 10:07 PM

Very very good way to think of it.

Best advice my dad gave me. Always have a exit plan. Weather it's undertaking over taking or what ever!

To be fair to the guy he chucks around a few hundred kilos of twin bike engined nuttiness at what it is, like 900bhp/tonne? On dirt of all things!

Yeah that's all good. But there isn't a mum with a car full of kids coming the other way...

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 10:09 PM

That was part of the pressure of passing my test first time lol

MK999
19-02-13, 10:12 PM
That was part of the pressure of passing my test first time lol

Driving talent and passing a test has sod all to do with each other tbh! Totally different driving style, rules to adhere to on the road etc etc.

But if you stick a 1.2 Nova backwards through a hedge trying to be the stig down country lanes many eggs will be following directly into your face lol

paulyb
19-02-13, 10:14 PM
Nice work, I didnt pass until I was 19, and second time :mad:

First fail was down to having a Tranny as a examiner, totally threw me lol

Calamity Josh
19-02-13, 10:22 PM
Driving talent and passing a test has sod all to do with each other tbh! Totally different driving style, rules to adhere to on the road etc etc.

But if you stick a 1.2 Nova backwards through a hedge trying to be the stig down country lanes many eggs will be following directly into your face lol

got shown that today, when my instuctor floored it out of the test center car park just after i passed, proceeding to wheelspin through the first 3 gears and then suddenly decided he wanted another lane so cut across, just proves how they brainwash you into driving one way, not to mention another instructor who backed into a wall infront of me lol, anyways i'm not planning on driving stupidly, care about the car too much :)

Southie
20-02-13, 07:53 AM
Congratulations on passing so quick, now you'll learn how to drive properly though on main roads, its very daunting the first time out on your own... I turned up the tunes, lit a cig a just enjoyed it lol

mowgli
20-02-13, 10:39 AM
its a 1.2 nova ffs..... its not like the kid has bought thrust2..... the acceleration can be checked with an egg timer, oh & the std brakes are crap.....

enjoy it mate & remember to try to look at what is happening 400yds up the road, and not 4ft in front of your bumper...if you can't see the 400yds (as in there is a bend), then slow down a bit

Calamity Josh
20-02-13, 02:53 PM
its a 1.2 nova ffs..... its not like the kid has bought thrust2.....
fair point! lol, i need to be sensible and pretty economical with it in all honesty as it will be my daily and will take me on the long round trip from home to college once a week, alongside the fact i couldn't dare risk hurting it

John
20-02-13, 03:20 PM
Well done :thumb:

Spudly
20-02-13, 04:58 PM

+Rep mate, thats a fantastic way of thinking and i really wish more people thought the sime:thumb:

I always think similar when im out and wanting to give it some, is that car going to change lanes as they havent looked/seen me...

Is there going to be a farmer/tractor/flock of sheep/pack of dogs having a meet/breakdown or just chilling around this next bend...

Is there going to be a tractor/wagon/pick-up suddenly pull out of the field as the side..

Is there going to be some loon in his/her mum/dads car sending it on and apexing the corner im about to round...

Alsorts to be thinking about when driving or wanting to pedal fast, one that sticks in my mind constantly is the thought of what would happen if i bin this, what would happen to my passengers or whoever i crash into, it will be my fault if im driving like a bell end, people in your car have their lives in your hands, if you get it wrong and kill them it is your fault!

Anyways, not wanting to be all doom and gloom, well done on passing your test, now go learn to survive in the rat race of normal people who have zero idea what theyre doing, or time or patience for anyone but themselves lol

Calamity Josh
20-02-13, 05:10 PM
Anyways, not wanting to be all doom and gloom, well done on passing your test, now go learn to survive in the rat race of normal people who have zero idea what theyre doing, or time or patience for anyone but themselves lol

thanks! so does that mean all these 'mum' wants are over? :roll:
don't worry i pinky promise i won't drive too fast :thumb: