PDA

View Full Version : complete front brake lines

silk violet
18-02-13, 10:12 PM
hi there i am looking for a complete front standard or copper brake lines for my mk2 gsi from the hoses off calipers to master cylinder.... as mine have rusted solid to hoses:confused: and if i push to hard on them they will snap have tried and nuts have rounded off and dont have tools to make my own :cry:..... also must be close to midlands or surrounding areas as would prob have to collect as would get damaged in post.....?? :thumb:

nevidred
18-02-13, 10:15 PM
Hello fella if you measure the lengths you need I would be more than happy to make and send them to you for. Reasonable price I wouldn't of thought they would suffer any damage in the post are very robust

silk violet
18-02-13, 10:28 PM
will have a look the weekend and get back to you.. as dont get chance during week as im at work... would postage be expensive..????

paul james
18-02-13, 10:36 PM
They really aren't that hard to make yourself, if I can manage to do it then anyone can! Take the originals off and then just bend copper pipe to the same pattern, the end flaring tool isn't that much to buy, and you can even bend the pipe by hand if your careful, a bending tool isn't much either.

If your confident enough to remove and put in new pipes, then you shouldn't have any bother making your own up, worth looking into anyway.

silk violet
18-02-13, 10:42 PM
would'nt mind giving it a go as i,ve had to do pretty much everything else my self... will have alook for some tools if they are cheap enough and try it myself....???

Andy
18-02-13, 10:45 PM
definately invest in a flaring tool.
Well worth it.

silk violet
27-02-13, 07:51 PM
hi there again, i managed to buy a complete brake repair kit and have stated bending all the new copper pipes and noticed that the 10mm x 1 thread union supplied fits to master cylinder just need to get a 12mm x 1 for drivers side as that is different on master cylinder.... but they wont fit to my braided lines as my hoses have a thinner thread does anybody know where would supply new male unions with thinner thread as most places are 10mm x 1 .....???? any ideas

silk violet
28-02-13, 07:38 PM
help

paul james
28-02-13, 07:46 PM
Are you sure they aren't 1mm pitch? if you had the original pipes and original unions on the car then they should be 1mm. Measure the pitch on the old unions to be sure.

silk violet
28-02-13, 08:07 PM
the original union 1's that was originally on the car was 1 mm thread and the new unions that i have bought are also the same, but my braided hoses that i have got second hand are not and are a thinner thread pitch, so not quite sure what to do now...??? do i keep looking for some new unions that will fit my braided hoses or maybe adapters or do i just buy some proper new braiaded hoses that fit 1mm unions....???

paul james
28-02-13, 08:19 PM
Are they 100% nova braided lines? may well be an inch measured pitch, probably 3/8"

silk violet
28-02-13, 08:32 PM
dont think they are :confused: ??? as they dont have the 19mm nut on top of hoses like standard rubber hoses just a 10mm female one that wont connect to my new male 10mm x 1 pitch copper unions....????? :cry: