PDA

View Full Version : Need major help!!!!! Please

silk violet
17-02-13, 08:19 PM
HI there i have a mk 2 gsi with 20xe conversion and has been off the road for about 2 years and i am trying to get it back on the road i have finally got it running but today i put a gallon of fuel in it and left it running on tickover for about 5 mins to warm it up and make sure everything is ok and it ran out of FUEL :cry: what the hell is going on :mad:.... before when it was on road never had this problem checked for fuel leaks and there is'nt any... i have also changed the thermostat and all the sensors on car also the slimline fan did'nt kick in think i might have wired it the wrong way round...???? :confused::confused::confused: PLEASE HELP its costing me a fortune at this rate wont be able to even drive down the road lollol

richz_nova
17-02-13, 08:41 PM
Not to sure about the fuel problem, but about the fan, take the clip out of the side of the rad for the fan and stick a wire in both holes making a circuit it should kick in straight away, if not then ide say its the fan switch fooked

mowgli
17-02-13, 08:45 PM
there could be fuel sloshing round in the tank, but the pump can't get to it

the cts or the lambda sensor could be faulty

as for the fan, if its wired in backwards, it will still work.

be patient & check everything in a logical manner

silk violet
17-02-13, 08:52 PM
dont have a lambda sensor on mine its non cat.....???

richz_nova
17-02-13, 08:55 PM
Maybe Cts sensor as Mowgli said. Had a similar problem on mine a wirr came loose.

silk violet
17-02-13, 08:56 PM
sounds stupid but whats cts..?????

richz_nova
17-02-13, 09:00 PM
The little blue sensor underneath the thermostat

I think lol can't remember now

silk violet
17-02-13, 09:01 PM
yeah replaced both of those sensors....?

Jon_nova1
17-02-13, 09:16 PM
your fan should power up irrelevant of which way the wires are connected to it.

As for fuel i'd say that whatever was in it 2 years ago could well have evaporated, when your engine gets no fuel theres still some in the tank

silk violet
17-02-13, 09:23 PM
yeah the old fuel had evaporated but thought that the new 5 litres of fuel i put in would last longer than 5mins.... lol also do i need to bleed the coolant if so ( HOW ) ????

richz_nova
17-02-13, 09:29 PM
What I ment above is put a bit of wire in the sensor on the rad, not the plug you take out

*edit* ^^^ other way round lol

staggy_gsi
17-02-13, 09:34 PM
If there is only a fivers worth of fuel in the tank, the fuel pump isnt gonna be able to pick it up. A fiver these days will barely cover the bottom of the tank! Stick a few gallons in and see how she goes

silk violet
17-02-13, 09:34 PM
Cheers mate will try it the weekend :thumb: