PDA

View Full Version : diesel mk4 astra clutch trouble

16v
17-02-13, 02:04 AM
Hey guys just want to know if anyone can tell me if I can get the seal for my clutch pipe. It leaks fluid around the block were you bleed it up. I know it it because iv juat replaced the clutch and release bearing after my clutch broke to bits lol. I'm presuming I'll have to go to vaux for a new seal or is ther anywhere else that would do them. Thanks

Dave

JShannon
17-02-13, 02:09 AM
Vauxhall or scrappies really, just actually replaced one tonight on an sdi golf!

Joe

16v
17-02-13, 02:17 AM
Cheers lad I was gonna try the scrappy but dont want to chance it doin the same lol

mowgli
17-02-13, 11:28 AM
what sort of seal is it?? are we talking a copper washer, dowty washer or similar? decent motor factors will have a box of them out the back

16v
17-02-13, 01:29 PM
It's a rubber seal up inside an aluminum block that clips onto the slave cylinder steel pipe it's an odd setup with a thing like a sir clip holding it together if I had photos I'd post them up but I can't be arsed uploading any lol

mowgli
17-02-13, 02:46 PM
fair enough.. gm main stealer part only then

16v
17-02-13, 05:18 PM
Git it sorted today. Found a seal more or less the same and stuck it in and it seems to have done the job I'll see in the morning if I have a clutch or not