PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get a K&N panel filter for SRi Airbox?

DAVIDKEDENS
15-02-13, 07:49 PM
As the title says.. need a new filter and if I can i'd like a k&n :)

Stuart
15-02-13, 07:51 PM
Dont waste your money, just fit a normal paper filter and live safe in the knowledge you wont be wrecking your engine for the hell of it.

DAVIDKEDENS
15-02-13, 07:54 PM
Dont waste your money, just fit a normal paper filter and live safe in the knowledge you wont be wrecking your engine for the hell of it.

Slightly confused now but okay... lol

Edd
15-02-13, 07:56 PM
totally agree, waste of cash, just get a paper one

kbnova
15-02-13, 08:11 PM
k&n are scrap, standard filter the ticket, but if you want a performace filter lifetime use, ITG your job,

MK999
15-02-13, 08:22 PM
K&N provide like 1% more airflow for the first week of it's life while letting through more dirt etc basically, after that they clog with what little they do catch.

Multi stage foam filters are slightly better but really either is going to net you half a bhp on a good day.

millworm
15-02-13, 08:38 PM
making me wish I hadn't bought mine now lol

garyc
15-02-13, 08:41 PM
If you read David Vizards books K&N are the best filters you can get for filtration and air flow. They flow well even when they have a good coat of dust.

DAVIDKEDENS
15-02-13, 09:14 PM
Its deffo not for power as the engine is a 1.2 lol.. was just thinking it would be better than a normal one. Where can I get a normal one then ?

Stuart
15-02-13, 09:26 PM
If you read David Vizards books K&N are the best filters you can get for filtration and air flow. They flow well even when they have a good coat of dust.

hmmmmmmmmm That might be so, but they are also letting through loads of crap too :( might aswell just use a colander to filter out the stones lol

Martin.p
15-02-13, 09:35 PM
For the price of a k&N you'll be better of replacing a paper one more often. The gauze is not as fine as the paper and will let particals through. Ram air and alike sponge filters are just as bad. Even with the cleaners and oil that you get to put back on them. If its over applied it reduces efficiency and if under applied its as bad. And after all these things it's still a filter that's not for life.
So as said paper filter and keep it changed often. :)