PDA

View Full Version : V6 corsa for drag use, what clutch

Jedro
15-02-13, 03:48 PM
my V6 corsa should be running somewhere around 200bhp'ish at a guess and it has an F20 box, TTV XE flat flywheel and a new LUK clutch on it.
but even though the clutch is b.new i really cant see it lasting very long. kind of feels like its got a bit of a slip already and iv only had a few test runs down the ind estate.
was thinking just get the friction plate, like a 4 paddle type maybe??
what can people recommend on a bit of a budget?

links will help too

cheers :thumb:

meritlover
16-02-13, 08:45 AM
I recommend you stop drag racing and reduce the 'drop starts'.

philip
16-02-13, 12:06 PM
Won't get a decent clutch on a budget, helix is near 500 for a paddle setup last time I looked. 200bhp isn't much power bh. May find an uprated friction plate for about £90 that may help though

Jon_nova1
16-02-13, 01:28 PM
with 200BHP i'd be thinking somethings wrong or you have the clutch cable too tight, are you sure your not just losing grip on the tyres?

MK999
16-02-13, 02:30 PM
Black diamond do a replacement paddle friction plate for VW stuff that isn't too shockingly awful, might be worth checking what they do. Other thing you can do is get the flywheel refaced and take a bit more off the mounting surface to increase the spring pressure slightly. Both are 'quick fixes' compared to a proper clutch setup though.

and that 200BHP is coming from a big lazy V6 remember, so the torque is gonna be slightly higher than a LET probably.

blue_peg_16v
17-02-13, 09:55 PM
Also use a pot fly and c20let pressure plate with an xe friction disc