PDA

View Full Version : Joint personal recovery cover

Mrs Hobbit
14-02-13, 08:47 PM
I have tried to get a quote for joint personal recovery for me and Mr Hobbit - are vehicle count is on the increase these days so seemed the best option. Until of course I mentioned the nova. How is it that they'll take the newest car until you reach 16 years and then they assist you declare the +16. Which they have already confirmed will probably make it more expensive...

I think someone's taking enjoyment trying to rip me off. Or more to the point, am I stupid? I don't really understand why I need to log a vehicle if I am requesting personal cover. :tard:

Benn
14-02-13, 08:53 PM
They think "old" cars break down more... But when was the last time you saw a old car broken down on the motorway? They are all 05 plate and newer when i see them...

conza123
14-02-13, 08:58 PM
^^ so true ^^. people who own old cars tend to look them.more than the norm

MK999
14-02-13, 08:59 PM
But when was the last time you saw a old car broken down on the motorway?

About 3pm this afternoon when I was waiting for the AA lol

chris gsi
14-02-13, 09:00 PM
I am with the aa for me and the wife it's about £15 a month for us in any car and they have recovered me in a old nova we have the full option apart from home start

Mike
14-02-13, 09:15 PM
I dont think its nothing to do with older cars allegedly breaking down more....

IMO its more down to them not really being able to get the parts to repair an old car if it breaks down.

My recovery/breakdown is in with my insurance, £68 a year :)

Mrs Hobbit
14-02-13, 09:19 PM
They think "old" cars break down more... But when was the last time you saw a old car broken down on the motorway? They are all 05 plate and newer when i see them...

I think the nova could be more reliable than mine these days so do think it is stupid

Mrs Hobbit
14-02-13, 09:20 PM
I am with the aa for me and the wife it's about £15 a month for us in any car and they have recovered me in a old nova we have the full option apart from home start

Did you have to register one of you vehicles for that?

chris gsi
14-02-13, 09:52 PM
No just phoned them up and asked as i had two cars and and wanted my wife covered if she was out with friends she could get home

Spudly
14-02-13, 09:55 PM
I have RAC cover, they added my mum on my membership due to a mishap on their behalf, i have member only cover so its me thats covered not the vehicle, they dont state you need to declare the vehicle you will be in, and if they try (if i ever need to use them) ill kick off like fook!

pottersrebel
14-02-13, 10:05 PM
I have RAC cover, they added my mum on my membership due to a mishap on their behalf, i have member only cover so its me thats covered not the vehicle, they dont state you need to declare the vehicle you will be in, and if they try (if i ever need to use them) ill kick off like fook!
My wife gets AA cover which her dad insists on paying for and its her that is covered not the car she can even be a passenger in the car so i dont bother with cover as itd be cheaper for her dad drive her to where id broke down lol lol lol

marc69
14-02-13, 10:45 PM
I'm with Auto aid, can't remember how much each year, think it's about £40. Everything except home start (I should be able to do that bit myself) and courtesy car (who wants to drive a fiat grande punto?). The real reason is incase of problems at the Knockhill area-if an engine collapses on me, I need to get home.

bazil
14-02-13, 11:03 PM
I get free AA membership with my bank account, it covers me not the car so any car I'm in is covered, I've used it twice with the Audi ( once for coil pack failure and once for oil pressure light ) both times the car was recovered to the garage of my choice,

It doesn't have European cover or home start but for fcuk all it does the job :)

Mrs Hobbit
15-02-13, 09:01 AM
We have home start with our bank (greenflag). So thought I should just try bumping this up. Sounds like they're definitely having a laugh with their policy. I shall shop about. Thanks :thumb:

Jeff16v
15-02-13, 09:29 AM
I have RAC cover for me and my wife, no stated vehicles, the personal cover means we can breakdown in anything. £10 per month for both of us

Mrs Hobbit
15-02-13, 03:37 PM
^^ this is what I want

Jack
15-02-13, 09:17 PM
Yep, don't bother looking for a fleet cover type thing, just get joint personal cover. I have 'me' cover from RAC and they didn't give a sh!t about what cars I own. As I could be in anything when I call them.

MK999
15-02-13, 10:11 PM
I assume AA didn't care about car specifics when they added me to the policy my dad runs as I didn't get asked anything, that's just a multi personal cover thing afaik.

They've been pretty good both times I called them out tbh, few years ago I was expecting all sorts of hassle with being towed etc as my alternator that liked the wires backwards for some reason had run the battery flat on my 1.6 nova conversion, and yesterday they towed my E34 home on a dolly (towing eye was missing out the tool kit!:tard:) rather than waiting around for a truck etc. Guy seemed quite pleased I knew what had gone wrong but still did his thing as due course in case it was quite simple.

When we looked into RAC cover also I think they had a tow it to the nearest garage that they get cashback from for sending work their way policy. I double checked yesterday this wasn't the case and AA said they were nationwide recovery so I had every right to be towed to any single location in the UK of my choosing!

Novasport
15-02-13, 10:43 PM
Need to sort some cover for me and the missus as I never renewed mine last year & Kate's free cover ends on her car next month. AA are quoting £103 for both of us on any car. RAC is much more & Green Flag need your life story before they will quote you so they can sod off.

Mrs Hobbit
16-02-13, 08:29 AM
Yep, don't bother looking for a fleet cover type thing, just get joint personal cover. I have 'me' cover from RAC and they didn't give a sh!t about what cars I own. As I could be in anything when I call them.

I was asking for personal cover. But they kept insisting I had to declare a vehicle. I went a bit ranty with him for 20 mins and got nowhere. I couldn't get my head round linking cars to personal cover was a bit :mad:

Greenflag must just be rubbish... will try RAC :d