PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 heater problems

Edd_1.4sr
13-02-13, 02:00 PM
Iv had two Mk2 novas now and both of the heaters on them have broken. They both dropped all if the water into the foot well. The first one did it so i bi-passed the heater matrix and left it. The second one did the same but iv left it and filled it up with water and it hasnt leaked again. I dont know if the thermostat is stuck open but would that make the water leak? Or is it the heater matrix? Thanks Ed

conza123
13-02-13, 02:40 PM
i would of said it was the matrix m8

Edd_1.4sr
13-02-13, 02:49 PM
i would of said it was the matrix m8

If i was is the matrix how come ita not leaked again?

meritlover
13-02-13, 04:44 PM
it has to be the matrix. all it does is come off the manifold, round the matrix and back to the water pump suction side.
there are no valves or thermostats. even if the heater is on 'cold' the matrix will hot. temperature is 'controled' by blending warm and cold air, or shutting off air flow through the matrix completely.

Sounds like its burst and then sealed its self with crap.

Are you sure its coolant thats been leaking or could it be window seals or sunroof?

Edd_1.4sr
13-02-13, 05:24 PM
Yeah its deffo the coolent. The bottle was empty. My temperature gauge never moves umleas sat still for a while thats what made me think the thermostat was stuck open.

meritlover
13-02-13, 07:31 PM
it might be that as well, but it would be a separate issue. you may still have a matrix which could crap its self at any time.