PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Any Ideas On This Engine Knock

Wrightie-Nova
11-02-13, 10:12 PM
The other week my oil light kept flashing like going mad .. so i though maybe it was time for an oil change .. got the filter and the oil and went to a friends workshop to do it .. oil light still stayed on for a while (plenty of oil) .. drove home and about 2mins from home got this horrid noise of like a fan catching on something every time i touched the throttle (the noise shown in the video) .. then looked on a few forums and a lad said that his done the same thing and it was the oil pickup pipe was blocked .. so today i took the down-pipe off took the sump off took the pipe off and there it was full of mastic that someone had previous had tried to seal the sump with .. cleaned it all out and put it back together now it still makes the noise but only at the higher end of the revs .. any help would be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0z6RgxFbU

L14MNP
11-02-13, 10:21 PM
Oil starvation/low pressure caused by blocked pickup. Resulting in knackered bottom end bearings at a guess. Can't view video.

If I was you I would not run it again. Inspect the shells asap. Probs gonna need a crank re-grind though I reckon.

Could be well wrong. Will view video when I can...

L14MNP
11-02-13, 10:22 PM
Oh wait, I can load the video now.

Still reckon the bottom end is knocking mate.

marc69
11-02-13, 10:22 PM
I reckon from the sounds it is bottom ends/shells too although I'm not an expert. If it is something like this, might be cheaper and easier to get a replacement engine?

Wrightie-Nova
11-02-13, 10:25 PM
yeah if its bottom end its new engine time lol .. thanks guys for the quick replys :)

meritlover
11-02-13, 10:26 PM
AAAAAAaaaah!

stop revving it and buy some new shells!

measure the crank but depending on how hard youve revved it like that, you may have got away with it.

generally if the oil pressure light comes on while driving, its too late.

L14MNP
11-02-13, 10:26 PM
AAAAAAaaaah!

stop revving it and buy some new shells!

measure the crank but depending on how hard youve revved it like that, you may have got away with it.

generally if the oil pressure light comes on while driving, its too late.

Shells are free from the seaside. ;)

brainsnova
11-02-13, 10:28 PM
Time for C20 let

Wrightie-Nova
11-02-13, 10:30 PM
hmm id be dreaming for a c20let with no job :( will b lucky to get a 1.2 8v lol

L14MNP
11-02-13, 10:33 PM
hmm id be dreaming for a c20let with no job :( will b lucky to get a 1.2 8v lol

What do you think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?