PDA

View Full Version : a piece of sheet ali - 100mm x 80mm x 1.5mm thick

jimbob-mcgrew
08-02-13, 05:53 PM
bit of an odd request i know, but will pay a couple quid for it, if anyone has a scrap piece kicking around they dont need. stick it in an envolope with a 2nd class stamp :)

100 mm LONG x 80mm WIDE x 1.5mm THICK - aluminium sheet.
one side of it needs to be not too scratched.

dc1984
08-02-13, 08:08 PM
This may sound daft but try a hardware / ironmongery store, ask for a finger plate or kick plate.

Southie
08-02-13, 08:22 PM
I've loads of waste ali metal plates at work we use for our print presses, not sure on the thickness but I'll get back too you on Monday if that's okay ;)

mowgli
08-02-13, 09:00 PM
This may sound daft but try a hardware / ironmongery store, ask for a finger plate or kick plate.

either that or a random roadsign for a housing development lol

jimbob-mcgrew
09-02-13, 03:24 PM

ironically, london, the supposed, all powerfull, capital city of the country, is crap for everything and anything ive found.
they do have some smaller, angrily staffed places, that can sometimes sort you out with what you want, but after travelling an hour to get there, they charge an arm and a leg. ive gotta get out of this place.

I've loads of waste ali metal plates at work we use for our print presses, not sure on the thickness but I'll get back too you on Monday if that's okay ;)

appreciate it mate :)

heheh, yeah might come to that mowgli lol

dc1984
09-02-13, 04:11 PM

Wouldnt be the first time i had dont that lol

Southie
11-02-13, 01:46 PM
Jimbob, I had a measure of the ali at work but it's only 0.5 mm.