PDA

View Full Version : Vectra GSi Recaro's

Spudly
06-02-13, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know what the layout of the plug is on the underside of these seats?

My combo has them fitted and theyre comfy as fook, but.....!

The drivers one is on the lowest setting and as such is way too low for me, im over six foot tall and my shoulder is level with the top of the door when im sat in the van, i want to bridge 12v from a spare battery or some source, just to power the motor so i can raise it up, but having looked under there, it seems to be a big block plug with four female connections, obviously i dont want to just bung 12 +ve up the wrong one as ill fire the pretensioners (which i dont want) but does anyone know the layout?

Or would it be possible to find which is which using a multi-meter (not to clever with these though) set on the right setting, am i right in thinking that i can just press the switch and there should be a complete circuit on two of the four pins, which then breaks when i let go of the switch?

Any advice/help given will be appreciated!

brainsnova
06-02-13, 09:52 PM
Does the corsa not have the tensioners on the plugs so the terminals will be on the vectra seat plug but not the corsa loom if you get me narrowing your wires to half

Spudly
06-02-13, 09:55 PM
Nope it looks like the plug is on the corsa seat (which isnt there) and the recaro's have the plug on the car, again, thats not there, so i have a plug mounted into the floor, and one mounted into the base of the seat, and nothing but guesswork inbetween :cry:

Hmmmm, possibly disregard this thread pending a closer look, just been out to try and take a pic and it seems the plug isnt fixed to the base of the seat, im going to have a better look in the morning and as long as the pretensioner wiring is yellow (like all airbag related wiring should be) then ive cracked it and just need a power source :d