PDA

View Full Version : central locking

Wiggie
19-08-03, 08:02 PM
iv just nicly mounted the solenoid, but now im stuped. where do i feed the wires? iv tried drilling quite a few holes but they all seem to have somthing in the way. PLEASE HELP

Wiggie
19-08-03, 08:42 PM
hmmm ok now iv drilled the car side of it.... where do i drill on the door?

Tazzy
19-08-03, 09:03 PM
my wires feed along the bottom of the door and tied on there with the metal clips on the door, and they feed through the grommet on the door into the wing, isnt yours the same?

Wiggie
19-08-03, 09:07 PM
nah, mines got no holes, gromets or anything as its a merit, so i find my own way thru! what a pisser! im slowly getting there though...im shour im making things dificult for my self...i just cant see how

ade
20-08-03, 08:44 AM
I had same problem.

depends on whether you intend to upgrade car further and fit lecvcy windows and speaker pods.

If so i recommend fitting a rubber hose like them on the hatch (see top left of hatch) - this goes on the door end (just above the bottom hinge on the side) and then into the body of the car from the side directly below where the bonnet release handle is (yes - drill into the side of the car) - avoid drilling into the door surround on the body of the car as all you do is encourage water leakage (metal pretty thick there and grommets aint big enuff) + the constant opening/closing of the door damages the wires eventually.

You'll need to take wing off and drill 2 x 20mm holes (I used one of them flat headed wood drill bits for boring holes with :twisted: then filed it flat) - thread wires throuigh, seal using grey stripe or similar and thats it

Dead flexible and allows you to upgrade etc...

Wiggie
20-08-03, 01:15 PM
chers ade, i was tempted to drill more toward the wing but i was shour this was making things dificut for my self, ... i still havnt managed drill the door side though, its to aquward to get it in there :|

im getting tepted to just have it coming out the door card. ...grrr i hate bodges!!!!

AW3K
20-08-03, 01:42 PM
There you go ade

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=675

AW3K

Wiggie
20-08-03, 02:47 PM
AHA! CHERS!!! a very helpfull pic.

so- tomorrows mision----

Rob rubber tubbing from scrappers at work.

Ben (lurk75)
20-08-03, 02:55 PM
depends on whether you intend to upgrade car further and fit lecvcy windows and speaker pods

Go careful when putting a live and earth next to speaker wire as will cause interfearnce .

Wiggie
20-08-03, 03:00 PM
yeah good thinking batman. would shrouding solve this?

AW3K
21-08-03, 09:27 AM
Wiggie how did you get on? did you manage to find any pipes, which did you use?

Cheers

AW3K

Wiggie
21-08-03, 10:57 AM
After dilling numerus random holes i finaly copied the picture above which works a treat. 8)

cheers for all input and interest. when i do the pasenger side i should make a slightly neater job