PDA

View Full Version : Corsa c brake servo seal..?

Spudly
04-02-13, 08:25 PM
Has anyone any experience with the above, mines got a damp drivers footwell and i know its quite a common occurance, but ive had a little potter about on google and found on a couple of corsa sites, it is mentioned, but no real advice or pics!

Registered on corsa c uk, but i have to wait for a mod to approve my account before i can use the search function, google searching on there just shows a billion threads asking on it, all with the same infuriating reply of 'use the search its been covered before' well i cant use the search as my account hasnt been approved you hair gel wearing muppets :mad:

Anyways ive not had a poke under the bonnet too far, but some say you can get away with just stripping a load of stuff out and blathering tiger seal round the plate in situ, others say it all has to come out, and some even say the steering column needs to come out, meaning that it will need to be re setup/plugged in the be calibrated once refitted, is this true, ive not got a clue tbf lol

Any help/advice you guys could share, would be appreciated:thumb:

Asa-James
04-02-13, 08:33 PM
some say you can get away with just stripping a load of stuff out and blathering tiger seal round the plate in situ,

this. have done it on a few at work and not had them back in, so i'm guessing it works

also seen a few problems with the fuse box cover seal, leaking into the passener footwell

Spudly
04-02-13, 09:06 PM
Cool just use the thin nozzle on the caulking gun to get it right in, and then just blather it all over the outside aswell yes?

How much needs to be stripped off to get to it properly?

Or i could just mooch down to yours one weekend and ask you nicely if you would do it lol

Asa-James
04-02-13, 09:09 PM
we just pull off as much as we can, and i think you can really only get so far round. gloves and use your fingers for best results.

or pop over, always a brew waiting :)

Spudly
04-02-13, 09:14 PM
I might just have to do that actually (pop over i mean) be good to have a catch up and id prefer to have someone who has done it before to assist......

See 'assist' read [do it for me] lol

mk1nova_rich
04-02-13, 09:20 PM
Interesting... as I was totally unaware of this problem. My footwell was quite damp but I assumed this was just due to getting in with wet shoes.

Spud - the servo is well tucked in behind the firewall so you will need to remove a fair bit to access it, including the plastic scuttle trim

Mike
04-02-13, 09:21 PM
Dead common problem with early Corsa C's chap. The Bread Van used to leak like fook.

In the winter, the driver floor matt used to freeze to the carpet lol

Tigerseal is WIN though, do it in situ, its a royal PITA to change the servo seal.

Asa-James
04-02-13, 09:21 PM
fine by me you fazy lecker lol

Spudly
04-02-13, 09:25 PM
Cool ill get some seal from work and give you a shout end of the month if thats cool by you Asa :d

You didnt know Rich, i knew and ive never owned a C till now, i remember you saying about yours Moike, but you just left it as its a royal pain to sort aint it?

Mike
04-02-13, 09:27 PM
You didnt know Rich, i knew and ive never owned a C till now, i remember you saying about yours Moike, but you just left it as its a royal pain to sort aint it?

Aye, mine was like when I had it. Left it as it was the entire time I owned it as it was only a works van. My SRi hasnt suffered yet & I hope it doesnt before I sell it either lol

Spudly
04-02-13, 09:29 PM
Lol i want to get this nipped in the bud asap as i intend sticking with the bus for a while now, got the nova as a toy, and the van for hoying mates and bikes in the back, and 'borrowing' missions from certain scrapyards lol

Archie
04-02-13, 10:39 PM
Have to do the same thing to the mrs' mums Tigra.
Was going to remove the plate and seal it but after reading this may try and smear a bead round it with gloves on.

Spudly
05-02-13, 07:38 PM
One of my mates told me today he has also done a couple in situ, said its a messy job but piece of piss, van is off to his garage on monday for him to sort it for me, said he aint going to charge me either, winner :d

Just hope its a dry day as ill take the nova to work instead of the astra :cool:

Mike
05-02-13, 07:44 PM
Aye, in situ its easy.

Removing the servo is a proper biatch. Dash out, scuttle out, wiper mech out, fluid bottle out, internal carpet out blah blah you get the idea.

Spudly
05-02-13, 08:01 PM
Im guessing if its pretty easy its just a case of sealant splodged on your fingers and just apply it all round the plate by hand then?