PDA

View Full Version : Nova gte performace

JamieAddison
03-02-13, 05:58 PM
Hi there I have a 1989 nova gte, completely bog standard down to even the original wheel trims,I'm planning to keep it big standard apart from maybe putting couple engine mods on it to make it a bit quicker but still have the original looking engine. Camshaft? Bigger valves? Boost valve? Money isn't an issue but I think going down xe route is ruining a beautiful car. Any input would be much appreciated.

meritlover
03-02-13, 06:03 PM
if money isn't an issue then do everything you can to it and it will respond accordingly.
standalone management will be useful too while you're at it.

Novasport
03-02-13, 06:36 PM
Depends what you want from it. You could go down the route of carbs or throttle bodies. This would retain the engine but not the look. You will be limited on cam due to the injection system but Kent & Piper both do injection cams. Head work would be good, Autosprint in Birmingham may be able to help. A free flowing exhaust would be a good first mod but buy a good one.
If you want to retain the standard look with the injection then you can go with stand alone management. Irmscher tuned it using a larger throttle body from a 2.6 Carlton engine plus other mods.
What do you want from the car?

JamieAddison
03-02-13, 07:18 PM
I would just like a bit more performance nothing crazy just better throttle response and a bit better acceleration, I could get my hands on a set of r1 carbs with a manifold that were originally on a gte but I wasn't sure hw much I would gain