PDA

View Full Version : Rally Nova SRI back to standard???

monty_trials
02-02-13, 10:00 PM
Hi......I am picking up my Nova SRI Monday, and it been a project ie someone tried to make it into a rally car!!! Its never actually done a rally before!! But its had all the following done....omp 6 point cage, with door bars, bucket seats, luke belts, steel sump guard, yellow bilstein suspension, omp strut brace, nav light, boot light, braided petrol hoses running inside the car, nav foot rest.
I am guessing that the cage would of been welded in? Also the dash has that rally switch board where radio should be!!!!

I wanna put the whole car back standard, with original seats, and take out anything rally!!!!! Will this be a possible? Or once they are messed with will it be to hard to get it bk to how it was????? :)

chrisd1986
02-02-13, 10:21 PM
it isnt the one from applby is it???? there is no such thing as too far as you can get any modified car back to standard its just a case of what your budget it before you sell all the rally stuff on to fund your project but there are plenty of people breaking sri's

monty_trials
02-02-13, 10:44 PM
Where is applby? I would say about a average budget! But i am guessing i will get back a bit from most of the rally stuff ye? Will there be holes in the body work after i remove the roll cage? :(

chrisd1986
02-02-13, 11:24 PM
there will be holes in the rear inner arches and there will more than likley be mounts welded to the floor

monty_trials
03-02-13, 12:41 AM
Ye was told about mounts on floor, but will the holes help it rust more? Also has two rally bonnet clips. Is there anyway of taking them off and making standard?

brainsnova
03-02-13, 01:09 AM
Everything can be grinded off, welded up etc. the seat mount rails might still be there or you will need to source them of a donor shell and weld them back in

monty_trials
03-02-13, 03:27 AM
The bucket seats that are in it now DO move back and forward, so does this mean they are still there?

Rickyb
03-02-13, 11:08 AM
Im liking the idea of this dont forget the pics

monty_trials
06-02-13, 04:52 AM
will do