PDA

View Full Version : ignition lights problem.

Rickyb
02-02-13, 09:51 AM
Hi all ive just done a deal on a k reg 1.2i nova, its got no ignition lights when you put the ignition on but you start it and give it a rev and it puts the ignition lights on and the battery light on, its had a new alternator and the fault began when it was fitted. Anyone any ideas could it ba a loose wire etc? The one thing is it never flattens the battery.
I look forward to your replys.
Rick

7ova
02-02-13, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a faulty alternator or wired up incorrect ie a wire not connected
Is it charging have you checked with a multimeter?

Rickyb
02-02-13, 10:31 AM
Ive not checked it my self yet as ive not picked it up yet but the man asures me it never flattens the battery but the guy who fitted it said it might be a bad earth.

John
02-02-13, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a bad earth, iirc there's a secondary earth on the spi models, runs in the starter loom. Goes from battery to the top starter bolt. Worth checking all other earths too. If it's only started since the alt was fitted, check all those connections too.

jimbob-mcgrew
02-02-13, 11:39 AM
theres another earth from the inlet manifold to the alternator mounting bracket if i remember ?

Rickyb
02-02-13, 06:27 PM
Cheers for the coments people il check the earths and wiring first. I should hopefully have it by this time next week.
Cheers rick