PDA

View Full Version : clean hands

turbojolt
30-01-13, 02:16 PM
what do you guys use to clean your hands after working on your car?

ive used fairy, sugar or salt for years, but the women living in my house moaning at me for paying the bills, started winging that i was using all her washing up liquid and bought me some cheapo stuff and it works better then fairy to be fair

seems to get all the crap and oil off with out the need for any abrasive stuff like salt or sugar which is a bonus, as the last thing you need is salt in a freshly battered and bleeding knuckle lol

kent14sr
30-01-13, 02:17 PM
Deb course hand cleaner, after using barrier cream first.

Or/blue nitrile gloves

burgo
30-01-13, 02:17 PM
I wear rubber gloves!! Simple

mikey093
30-01-13, 02:19 PM
There is some stuff you can get from halfords what is really good at getting oil off your hands but cant think of the name for it. Not as cheap as fairy though lol

meritlover
30-01-13, 02:28 PM
i use Jizer.

Archie
30-01-13, 02:30 PM
Swarfega, my work buys it in by the dozen so i nab one when the order comes in lol.

I wear material gloves, cant wear rubber/nitrile due to allergy so my hands do get a little dirty.

turbojolt
30-01-13, 02:33 PM
Swarfega, my work buys it in by the dozen so i nab one when the order comes in lol.

I wear material gloves, cant wear rubber/nitrile due to allergy so my hands do get a little dirty.

do you tell all the girls you allergic to latex aswell ;) like your style lol

TeddyThom
30-01-13, 02:33 PM
As said, gloves are the simplest solution, however Lynx shower gel also works a treat, and even better with a spoonful or two of sugar.

Stuart
30-01-13, 02:50 PM
Gloves FTW... Dont care if its gay. Less chemicals on my hands and less clean up time. Win Win.

Novasport
30-01-13, 02:50 PM
Swarfega orange. Bought a massive tub from Costco about 5 years ago and it is still going.
Usually wear latex gloves or some others I also got from Costco. They are material gloves with a rubber coating on the palm an fingers. They still give a good feel and keep my hands nice and warm.

Novasport
30-01-13, 02:52 PM
Used to have some good stuff at BMW. It is like a thick putty coloured paste and it is quite dry in comparrison to Swarfega. It cleaned really well and the big round tubs lasted ages.

John
30-01-13, 03:12 PM
Free gloves via work ftw!

Archie
30-01-13, 03:15 PM
do you tell all the girls you allergic to latex aswell ;) like your style lol

Not until afterwards lol

andy_mk3
30-01-13, 03:17 PM
I get Swarfega from work, I also used gloves that I get for free from Mum's fella as he owns a company that sells them lol

Archie
30-01-13, 03:18 PM
Best Gloves -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/5DFD94C1-56A2-4609-907F-4E82F3DEFD0D-2005-000001810F754467.jpg

brainsnova
30-01-13, 03:47 PM
Gloves FTW TJ BG supplied endless supplies lol

turbojolt
30-01-13, 03:53 PM
i gave them everything back lol

i use rubber gloves alot of the time, but you know what its like you take them off to make a cuppa or go to the bog and dont put them back on, or your doing something stupid you dont need gloves on for and start doing something else

gloves are a pain in the **** lol

Andy
30-01-13, 05:17 PM
latex gloves.only gyppos and scrap lads dont wear them.
usually people who have their overalls tied round their waists,then get customers cars blathered in oil cos they dont use seat covers or floor covers,while leaning on the door cards too.
No fukking need imo,just downright lazy,protection is better than the cure

Edd
30-01-13, 05:19 PM
I must be a gyypo then lol

I cant wear ANY disposable gloves as my exma will be mega bad

Archie
30-01-13, 05:37 PM

Same boat as me, the ones i posted are great £20 for a box of 12.
Washable as well, usually last me about 8 weeks.

andy_mk3
30-01-13, 06:29 PM
I see a lot of older people with black and generally ****ed hands, I'd hate to be like that! I always try and keep mine clean, use barrier cream and post-work cream when I remember too

mowgli
30-01-13, 06:34 PM
i use a product similar to swarfega orange.. then i use washing up liquid at home just to make sure..

if the job is oily i use gloves. but they rip really easily.

Novasport
30-01-13, 06:42 PM
Worse hands I have seen was a dairy farmers. You could smell him before you saw him and his hands and nails were stained green/brown. I know it's his job but it was disgusting.

Rage
30-01-13, 06:53 PM
Blue gloves ftw but they break easy so use swarfega orange its just finding the stuff. Using fairy all the while makes my hands dry and cracked

Spudly
30-01-13, 06:55 PM

This exactly, i have epic dermatitis through years of being a valeter/valeting chemicals/water abusing my hands, if i wear gloves for a few mins, my hands sweat and swell and go bright red, then a couple of hours later they will dry, crack and bleed, call me a pikey if you wish but i never wear gloves!

Andy
30-01-13, 06:57 PM
This exactly, i have epic dermatitis through years of being a valeter/valeting chemicals/water abusing my hands, if i wear gloves for a few mins, my hands sweat and swell and go bright red, then a couple of hours later they will dry, crack and bleed, call me a pikey if you wish but i never wear gloves!

Mine do the same as you saw that day,only ourselves to blame for not wearing barrier cream and or gloves in the 1st place.

mowgli
30-01-13, 06:59 PM
Worse hands I have seen was a dairy farmers. You could smell him before you saw him and his hands and nails were stained green/brown. I know it's his job but it was disgusting.

i once went out with a girl who worked milking cows for a year before she could get into college.. it took 2 days to stop her smelling of sh!t

Spudly
30-01-13, 07:00 PM
Mine do the same as you saw that day,only ourselves to blame for not wearing barrier cream and or gloves in the 1st place.

Aye but would we listen to our mums when we were kids, would we fook, thats why i have two fooked knees lol

Jon_nova1
30-01-13, 07:48 PM
I used to use gloves but found they ripped and there would be loads lying around where i'd rip one take it off and grab another, i just use washing up liquid and sugar, the sugar container always had oily hand prints on it....maybe that's why i'm now single lol

mowgli
30-01-13, 07:52 PM
/\ never ever have sugar in your drinks if you are at a farm just before lambing season...lol

Alex J
30-01-13, 07:55 PM
i just let oil and everything soak into my skin, chemicals FTW, im ****ed anyway lol

Jon_nova1
30-01-13, 07:57 PM
if i was ever in that situation i'd get thrown out for vommiting on someones floor lol

mk1nova_rich
30-01-13, 08:32 PM
Try to use gloves when possible, then Swarfega Orange...both 'acquired' from work lol I once got a small tub of green Swarfega - it was bloody crap. Washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush are pretty good in fairness

paul080803
30-01-13, 08:50 PM
Fairy and sugar for me, however I usually wear gloves!

pottersrebel
30-01-13, 08:51 PM
Deb course hand cleaner
THIS! Works brilliantly and i get a big tub from work free whenever i need one. i used to use fairy and sugar and also tried swarfaga (its not as good as it used to be ) but nothing cleans better than deb.

Southie
30-01-13, 08:59 PM
I get other people to do my mechanical work on my cars so my hands are always clean lol

Jeff16v
30-01-13, 10:19 PM
I used gloves when I was younger a girls don't like a dirty finger, now I'm older they are dirtier than me, lol