PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering on wiring

nova_saloon
30-01-13, 01:37 AM
Was going through and checking all the resistance for all the wires on my new XE loom, and found that the wire that goes to the fuel pump to deliver power connects right up to the middle wire on the lambda sensor? why is this? just felt like it was an odd place for the power to the fuel pump to come from. i checked it on my current loom at the moment and its come from there as well.

John
30-01-13, 12:49 PM
Something sounds very wrong there! The main fuel pump feed comes from the relay.

John
30-01-13, 12:51 PM
Why are you checking for resistance also?

brainsnova
30-01-13, 01:12 PM
You want to check continuity

nova_saloon
31-01-13, 01:52 AM
im checking for resistance just because i want to know if there are any corroded wires in the loom that need replacing before i stick it on, there was only one thank god from the CTS switch, which doesn't surprise me coming from the front of the engine taking all the weather.
But it does come from the relay, but there is also a wire that goes to the relay and that same wire feeds out of the back of the plug doesn't it. Only reason i found out is because when i stick the terminals from the amp meter on it beeps when there is a complete circuit. and it beeped when i was searching for that certain wire. if you dont believe me give it a go, mines a coil pack engine type though. but my car runs and i checked my other spare looms and they all did it too, and those used to run on the car. so cant be a fault there. just confuses me slightly. or maybe the wire just comes out of the relay and also just feeds power to the lambda sensor as well as the fuel pump, its more then possible that way, as the relay turns on when the crank goes so why wouldnt it be the same for the lambda i guess