PDA

View Full Version : Corsa x16xe help again

kc_08
29-01-13, 10:38 PM
Hi just looking for some help my car developed a cutting out problem on first start up, I then fitted coilovers and it just kept cutting out after a couple of seconds running, I tried fuel filter, pump was a wiring fault as stopped getting fuel, the garage have sorted this but problem still occurred. On there machine the ecu wouldn't let them get any codes up, the chips in place with transponder but they think its given up, would anyone else suggest anything? I've checked fusses, relays, good spark etc just cuts out like a switch :( any help much appreciated

kc_08
29-01-13, 10:40 PM
It would run fine after cutting out the first time and wouldn't cut out when driving. until I fitted the coilovers it won't stay alive for more than couple seconds

mowgli
29-01-13, 11:23 PM
fitting coilovers shouldn't affect anything, unless you stuck the jack in a stupid place & squashed the fuel lines or something

as always, check all wires & earths

kc_08
30-01-13, 11:47 AM
I would expect this but that's all I done and it went from cutting out once on first start to not staying alive at all, what about the codes etc not coming up? No I only jack it up on the beam or front jacking points and always have so hav'nt touched anything with that I've bought an ecu chip and transponder from a breakers all off the same car but I hav'nt got a clue what to try after this

meritlover
30-01-13, 11:56 AM
does the fuel pump prime when the ign is on? is there pressure in the fuel rail?
does it spark when cranked?
what suddenly made you think it was related to the transponder?

kc_08
30-01-13, 11:58 AM
Also I had a bad plug on the fuel pump they sorted this and made sure fuel was coming through fine, as before it was hit and miss due to dodgey plug (would work if you have a fiddle and turn it over with no fuel lines on or had a fiddle and undo it at the fuel rail the odd bit would come out) and it would just turn over, but they have sorted it but cutting out problems still there

kc_08
30-01-13, 12:02 PM
That's what the garage think its an ecu problem as its not letting them read anything off the car, yes have good spark and tried different fuel pump but it just cranked over, but they've sorted the dodgey plug out and got it to run but cuts out like its on a switch or buttom than running rough or anything

John
30-01-13, 12:39 PM
Eml flashing?

meritlover
30-01-13, 12:40 PM
so what do you want help with?

kc_08
30-01-13, 01:50 PM
Sorry mate no eml, egr is blanked off and has power box fitted, never had the light on, just ideas or maybe someone's had the same problem as me and could shed some light, if it would help I can list what I've changed/checked for?

kc_08
30-01-13, 01:55 PM
I know it's in the garage but me buying a new ecu chip and transponder doesn't tell me that is going to cure the problem 100% or make any difference at all

dirtyredtop
30-01-13, 02:49 PM
mite sound stupid but my old astra sport done this and was a dodgey crank sensor wire

kc_08
30-01-13, 03:22 PM
Thanks buddy! Il find out if they've checked it, I may have knocked it when fitting the coilovers on the front or Something :)

John
30-01-13, 03:25 PM
Easily checked via diagnostics, but you're saying the garage can't communicate with the ecu?

kc_08
30-01-13, 03:47 PM
Yeah basically in the words I got from them was the ecu is locked or Somthing and won't let them have anything up so they think its sort of shut itself down/ given up, which is what they think us causing it to shut off/cut out after a couple seconds of running, if I use accelerator it would start then go to about 4k rpm then cut out straight away

kc_08
30-01-13, 03:51 PM
I did get them to check if the chip had fallen off the transponder or anything but they said its still there etc

John
30-01-13, 04:37 PM
Could you hold it at 4k?

kc_08
30-01-13, 05:47 PM
No buddy it would just go to them revs then cut off like a switch same as with no throttle it would start go to about 1500-2000rpm and cut off (where it's cold I think sits there) I used to get a lumpy idle from cold for a couple minutes then idles about 900rpm fine engine ran like a dream with no odd noises