PDA

View Full Version : GSI Brakes

lotuscarlton
19-08-03, 01:55 PM
I have a nova 1.2 fling etc. It has bigger rims etc and everythink els you can think of. its on a H plate which is a 1991, I was wondering if i can fit the GSI spec brakes. Would i be able to fit GSI cailpers, and if i ordered a pair of EBC vented and crossed dilled and disc would it all work. I dont need to upgrade the brake servo do? Iam guessing it would just all bolt onto the old hubs? I really need alot of help becuase iam out a car with brakes at da mo, if all that works i'll have to order some Green stuff pads but for the GSI spec.

mmollart
19-08-03, 06:39 PM
they should fit no probs m8

Aragorn
19-08-03, 11:41 PM
yer but instead of spending all that money on the fancy disks n pads u'd be better of finding a set of astra 16v or cavvy 2.0 calipers (the ATE style ones) from a scrapyard and fitting partco-type disks and pads

prolly work out cheaper and u'll end up with a better solution in the end

one word of warning tho - they need at a minimum 14" rims of 5.5J wide for new pads and disks to fit (ie astra GTE alloys or cavvy 2.0L steels)

u MAY get them under nova alloys on worn pads and disks depending how lucky u are

edit - looking at your profile it seems your using cavvy steels? if so check the width to see if they are 5.5j if so your sorted - if not then collect 4 5.5j cavvy steels from a scrapyard when your there collecting the calipers